Allpar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Grand Caravan. The doors worked fine, then suddenly the driver's side can't be unlocked. I can't even forcibly pull the thing up to unlock the door. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
21,365 Posts
Welcome to Allpar. You will have to remove the interior trim panel from the sliding door and disconnect the power lock linkage. Are these the power sliding doors? The power lock actuator mechanism to the latch may have seized?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqbJtTmkYfM

·
Super Moderator
21,365 Posts
The fuel door interlock will prevent the sliding door from unlatching, but shouldn't prevent the lock stem from moving up or down. A frozen latch can also jam the lock stem.
If you suspect the fuel door latch interlock having a problem, I believe that the actuator cable can be accessed under the LR wheel plastic splash shield.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ImperialCrown said:
Welcome to Allpar. You will have to remove the interior trim panel from the sliding door and disconnect the power lock linkage. Are these the power sliding doors? The power lock actuator mechanism to the latch may have seized?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqbJtTmkYfM
I tried to do what was on the video, but could not get the door panel to pop off. Things were so much simpler 40 years ago when I was a mechanic.

·
Super Moderator
21,365 Posts
Door trim panels haven't changed that much in 40 years except that it's all plastic now.
If you can get a wide, blunt trim stick tool between the panel and door sheetmetal, try prying and getting your fingers under there until a retainer pops loose. I usually start prying along the bottom first. Once the first couple of retainers release, you can probably release the rest by hand and lift the panel off. It is always a little more difficult to do with a door that won't open at all.
You will probably have to release the inside door handle link clip. Avoid hanging any weight of the panel on this link as it will bend and then need adjustment. Set the panel aside and try actuating the latch and lock to see what isn't working right.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Rusty,

Did you ever solve this problem?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts