Allpar Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I perused some of the old posts in this forum for a 1/25 or 1/24 scale 3rd generation Daytona model and came across a few that mentioned Motormax made 1/24 scale diecast models of the Aries, Reliant, LeBaron wagon and Omni. Since Motormax is bold enough to produce these Dodge cars, I thought I'd suggest something a bit more sportier to them. Since I own a 3rd gen Daytona, I've wanted a mini version of it so I emailed them a link to images of a 3rd gen Daytona. I'm hoping that I'm not the only one so here's a link to their comment and question page.

http://www.motormaxtoy.com/index.php?page=about

Hopefully with enough suggestions they'll take notice of the sales potential and dive into producing one.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dr. Z said:
I wonder how one would get a Reliant...
Somewhere in this forum other people have bought theirs from Walmart but that was years ago. Here's a link to Motormax and maybe it'll help you get started on the search for one.

http://www.motormaxtoy.com/categories/

I've contact Revell about reissuing the old Monogram 1/24 scale 86 Daytona TurboZ or retooling it into a 3rd Gen Daytona but it seems their not interested at this time.. I'm going ask to see if Amt would consider it.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
There are a dozen 1/24 Reliants on Ebay now, with buy it now's around $12 - $13.
Also, quite a few Daytona kits in 1/25. I noticed 1983, 1988, and 1986, 1987.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
peterjon1 said:
There are a dozen 1/24 Reliants on Ebay now, with buy it now's around $12 - $13.
Also, quite a few Daytona kits in 1/25. I noticed 1983, 1988, and 1986, 1987.
Thanks for the info but I'm only interested in a 3rd gen (1992-1993) Daytona. The Reliants sounds like a good fit for Dr.Z.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I was looking through some old packed up boxes and found two NIB 1:25 Daytona model kits.
I think they're '86 or '87. I'll have to look closer as they weren't what I was looking for in the first place.
I've got one built, but not sure where it is. It's hell having too much crap and not enough room! :)

·
Registered
771 Posts
Sweet Aries!
Nice background with the 18 wheelers, too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts