Allpar Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HOWDY. I'm new. Sorry about the wall, but the 1980 Plymouth Trailduster I just bought has a 413 big block and it was hungry.

Anyway, I am from Madison, TN. I'm an actor/stuntman. (not famous, just working on it, lol)

I've also owned 3 Dodge chargers in my lifetime. I thought I would join the forums and chat with you guys about stuff. I'll post pics of the truck soon for you. It's a bit rough now, but it's straight and hasn't been wrecked. Plus...that 413 sounds so dang good.

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Welcome to Allpar. I'm about 90 miles west of you, down by the Tennessee River. What did that 413 come out of? My dad had one in his 62 Imperial LeBaron and that thing would fly!

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Welcome to Allpar!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey thanks. The 413 came from an early 60s Imperial as a matter of fact. (according to the previous owner). It also has the double shock system on each wheel with additional heavy duty leaf springs in the back.

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
The 413 was a great engine. I think my dad's Imperial had over 150,000 miles on it when he got tired of putting transmissions in it. He bought it for a hundred bucks off a dude that was a Chevy man and had replaced the plugs, points, cap, rotor button and wires on it and couldn't get it to run. He had the spark plug wires on backward. After reaching a deal on it, he asked me if I knew the firing order and I did, so swapped the plug wires around on it and he drove it home. The guy he got it from cussed him for a year or so for "taking advantge of him." Dad told him "a deal's a deal. I gave you what you asked me for it." LOL

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Det.

LOL chuzz, that's right...a deal is a deal. It was the sellers fault for not knowing how to install freekin plug wires! It pays to know basic mechanics. :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts