1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
That's cool. Too bad they are going to that specific auction. I'm just not a fan of that organization.

Hopefully they will find their way to a great owner.

Mike

·
Moderator/Lead Reporter - Motorsports News Section
10,011 Posts
Mike V. said:
That's cool. Too bad they are going to that specific auction. I'm just not a fan of that organization.

Hopefully they will find their way to a great owner.

Mike
Why not Mike? Barrett Jackson is the largest auction house in the U.S. This collection will go to a good home for sure, at a very high price!

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
moparbob said:
Why not Mike? Barrett Jackson is the largest auction house in the U.S. This collection will go to a good home for sure, at a very high price!
Unfortunately, I think the allure of Barrett Jackson has hurt the classic car market just as much as it has helped. Thru publicity of the show, random people think their car is worth the money of cars that cross the block. Additionally, people pay a premium for cars at Barrett Jackson that don't pay at other auctions. I am trying to find it, but I have read an article talking about how cars sell higher there than they do else where and hurts the market because people refuse to sell cars at other auctions or private sales because they expect Barrett Jackson money, even though they will not get it.

The Superbird market is a prime example. Cars that have sold at Barrett Jackson in the past had been sold for losses later (or are perpetually on sale) because the market value is inflated at Barrett Jackson.

Just my personal opinion, but I am not a fan of buying cars as "personal investments" in the way that some people do.

Mike

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
While a lot of what you say is true, these two Sweptline Era Dodges, will likely be the highest priced Sweptlines ever sold at auction and B-J, is probably the best choice for the SELLER, but probably not the buyer.
B-J will ensure visibility not found at other auction houses and one thing is certain, the vehicles have to be special to reach the auction block on the last two days of B-J.
I did not read the article, are they selling as a pair, or individually?
Only B-J has buyers with the financial horsepower to buy the pair.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
MoparNorm said:
While a lot of what you say is true, these two Sweptline Era Dodges, will likely be the highest priced Sweptlines ever sold at auction and B-J, is probably the best choice for the SELLER, but probably not the buyer.
B-J will ensure visibility not found at other auction houses and one thing is certain, the vehicles have to be special to reach the auction block on the last two days of B-J.
I did not read the article, are they selling as a pair, or individually?
Only B-J has buyers with the financial horsepower to buy the pair.
I won't deny that it is best for the seller...

And yes, they are selling as a pair.

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts