Allpar Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a '64 200 convertible, slant 6 and a three speed. Not my first slanty, not my first pre-1970 Mopar. I'm old enough to have a bit of disposable income to do some work to it and i have a large enough garage where i can leave her sit in a stall and not mess up the parking situation at the ol' family manse. The question i have is: will rear quarters from a Dart of the same vintage work on the Valiant? My gut says yes, but my gut's been wrong before...

·
Super Moderator
36,929 Posts
I believe you are going to find that they are different.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yikes. That's what i was afraid of. So... who manufactures body panels for Valiant's of this vintage? i see lots of Dart stuff, but not so much Valiant.

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
Unfortunately probably no-one. A friend of mine with a later four-door valiant got hit while parked and he finally had to resort to a junkyard quarterpanel to repair the car.

·
Super Moderator
13,926 Posts
dakemp said:
It's a '64 200 convertible, slant 6 and a three speed. Not my first slanty, not my first pre-1970 Mopar. I'm old enough to have a bit of disposable income to do some work to it and i have a large enough garage where i can leave her sit in a stall and not mess up the parking situation at the ol' family manse. The question i have is: will rear quarters from a Dart of the same vintage work on the Valiant? My gut says yes, but my gut's been wrong before...
Yes and no. If your Valiant is a Canadian model; the same year American Dart rear fenders should work, the narrow body (1963-66) Vals for the former market were essentially Dodge Darts with 'Valiant' front sheetmetal.

·
Registered
19 Posts
You might look at Layson Restorations. I have a 63 Valiant convertible and I got some panels from them. New stuff not salvage. The website is pretty good and they have a lot of stuff for old mopars. Check them out.

·
Registered
85 Posts
The problem is the convertible part. Depends on how bad the quaters are. AMD is the go to supplier of Mopar sheet metal but they only concern themselves with muscle car parts. Sometimes you can get lucky with Sherman, or Columbia, but the quality is suspect.

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
Goodmark is who my friend tried to get a quarterpanel from, and they sent him one, but it was for the wrong car. At least when their mistake was pointed out they just refunded his money and told him to keep the quarter, as shipping to return it wouldn't have been worthwhile.

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
DaveAdmin said:
That's good service. Sometimes return shipping costs more than the part.
Yeah, I'd consider them if I needed parts that they sold.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts