Allpar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Friday all! Thought i would ask and see how many of us are using social media for our Dealerships? I have recently started a facebook page just for our Parts and Service Depts, but was looking to bounce some ideas. Not a twitter user, so looking to see if that really is something we should add or use.

Thanks, and have a great weekend!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I don't work for a dealer but the dealer I do business with has a Facebook page and uses twitter to share their inventory updates. These updates get shared to a facebook page for inventory, then they have a page that is maintained by the dealership, where they share the happenings at the dealership (examples, Joe and Jane Smith with their new Town & Country. EX2: Come in today for great deals).

·
3,813 Posts
We run a facebook page, but Inventory updates on Social Media are a big no no. It drives people away, use it more to show you care about the community (what you are doing in the community) or to congratulate people on their purchase with pictures at the time of delivery etc. We don't use Twitter, but are heavy on facebook.

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
My dealer uses both, sparingly.

You don't want to do too much, as its then annoying and people un-follow/friend you.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
JRS200x said:
We run a facebook page, but Inventory updates on Social Media are a big no no. It drives people away, use it more to show you care about the community (what you are doing in the community) or to congratulate people on their purchase with pictures at the time of delivery etc. We don't use Twitter, but are heavy on facebook.
we do the same....havent done any Twitter. I agree with the posting of inventory. However we do post special trades once in a while . Example : 20k Powerwagon and a 2001 36mi Cherokee

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
No twitter, no texting, no facebook done here!
The half dozen follow-up calls from my local dealer after each oil change are annoying enough.

·
Registered
570 Posts
We use Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Google+.. We've actually hired an outside company to assist with postings; I'd done most of the last 2 years solo. When new inventory posts; there's a tweet.. We only put special things we trade for on Facebook, outside of the inventory tab.. But we get 2-3 deals from Facebook every month.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts