Allpar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2009 PT Cruiser
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in the late '90s - early 2000s I was living in Albuquerque, and once or twice the Hot Rod Power Tour came through town and I always went to check it out and take some photos. Here's a few that I found and saved:

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

^ If I remember my PT history accurately, the Pronto Cruizer there in the foreground was the last prototype right before the production version. Gorgeous color!!
Of course, there's PTeazer's famous panel conversion there right next to it, quite the eye-catcher as well.

Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

^ One sponsored by Mothers brand, proving PTs look excellent in Bright Red. Why didn't Chrysler ever offer that color for the Cruisers?? I guess we'll never know...

Automotive parking light Car Automotive side marker light Tire Wheel

^ Sweet wheels and tints on both of these. There's shaved door handles and a dash-top gauge pod (I think) on the two-tone.

·
Registered
2009 PT Cruiser
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got a few more:

Automotive parking light Car Wheel Tire Vehicle

Here's three that were parked together. The yellow one in the background is a "woody" with a matching trailer as well. In the middle is (I believe) Chrysler's own Panel Cruiser concept car. I like the dark bluish-gray one in the foreground; the little badges on the doors (and in the grille) say "RECARO". The lower bumper treatment with the fog light and short chrome bar would've helped the facelifted 2006-2010 models not look so bad down there, IMHO.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Here they are from the rear angles. Check it out, they all have "duals" !

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

I love a PT in purple -- kind of visually connects it with the Plymouth Prowler. This one has several sweet mods. Big brake discs behind wicked wheels!
On the roof, is that what's called a soft-top sunroof? (I'm not sure what that type's called.)

Well, I think that's all the PT pics I have. At the time I only had a 24-shot film camera, so I had to be fairly stingy with my shots...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Got a few more:

View attachment 84462

Here's three that were parked together. The yellow one in the background is a "woody" with a matching trailer as well. In the middle is (I believe) Chrysler's own Panel Cruiser concept car. I like the dark bluish-gray one in the foreground; the little badges on the doors (and in the grille) say "RECARO". The lower bumper treatment with the fog light and short chrome bar would've helped the facelifted 2006-2010 models not look so bad down there, IMHO.

View attachment 84463

Here they are from the rear angles. Check it out, they all have "duals" !

View attachment 84464

I love a PT in purple -- kind of visually connects it with the Plymouth Prowler. This one has several sweet mods. Big brake discs behind wicked wheels!
On the roof, is that what's called a soft-top sunroof? (I'm not sure what that type's called.)

Well, I think that's all the PT pics I have. At the time I only had a 24-shot film camera, so I had to be fairly stingy with my shots...
I love Film Cameras.
Did you use a Scanner to digitize these Photos?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts