Allpar Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not everyday a brand new dealership gets built or one that is not a replacement of an existing dealership. Weather has delayed this one from opening (about 2 months delay) and I am looking forward to it opening. This new dealership means no more 20+ mile trips for service as its only 2 miles from my front door. :)

 

·
Well-Known Jeeper
Joined
·
2,932 Posts
Nice facility. I like the way they designed the service drive with the separate "express lane".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,747 Posts
That looks like a nice place!
 

·
Active Jeeper
Joined
·
31,129 Posts
ralph.jones said:
Not everyday a brand new dealership gets built or one that is not a replacement of an existing dealership. Weather has delayed this one from opening (about 2 months delay) and I am looking forward to it opening. This new dealership means no more 20+ mile trips for service as its only 2 miles from my front door. :)

In Omaha?

Omaha turned out o be one of the pleasant surprises of my cross country trip last year, I could eat at the Upstream Brewery, every night!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MoparNorm said:
In Omaha?

Omaha turned out o be one of the pleasant surprises of my cross country trip last year, I could eat at the Upstream Brewery, every night!
Bellevue, NE. Where the dealer is will fill a hole left behind when Lithia closed and Rhoden lost its Chrysler franchise. Current Performance dealership is over 15 miles to the west and the other dealer Baxter (owned by the same corporation that owns this dealership and the other Performance dealership) is over 20 miles away. Pro is in Plattsmouth (5 miles away) but it is setup like a small town dealer; i.e less than 15 new units at anyone time and all trucks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,476 Posts
In my area, there are far too many dealerships...but definately not enough GOOD Chrysler group dealerships. Only good one is about a half hour away, and this is an area where I can take a 5 minute drive and be at a good dealership for just about every other major car brand in the US. Good to see a nice facility go up in a more seculded place. :thumbsup:
 

·
Active Jeeper
Joined
·
31,129 Posts
Sir Moses Wellington said:
Good to see a nice facility go up in a more seculded place. :thumbsup:
In keeping with out latest theme of harmony, it should be noted, the "secluded place" is in the largest metropolitan area of Nebraska, Greater Omaha. Omaha is a modern and fast growing city.
Omaha is larger than Cleveland, Miami, Minneapolis and St. Louis.
It might surprise our eastern friends to learn that of the 10 largest US Cities, 7 are West of the Mississippi River. The fasted growing cities are all in the West, the fastest declining cities are all in the East. Of the 3 fastest growing Eastern Cities, one, Atlanta, is in the Southeast, and one Indianapolis, is in the Midwest, so most of the nations growth, is in non-traditional regions.
The times, they are a changin...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
Any idea if they will have any parts specials for their opening? Although I'm 2 1/2 hours north of Bellevue, I've been thinking about replacing the original struts & mounts on my 300M and those parts aren't cheap so any discount would be nice and more than pay for shipping (or gas if I feel like taking a short road trip).
 

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
Joined
·
8,808 Posts
MoparNorm said:
In keeping with out latest theme of harmony, it should be noted, the "secluded place" is in the largest metropolitan area of Nebraska, Greater Omaha. Omaha is a modern and fast growing city.
Omaha is larger than Cleveland, Miami, Minneapolis and St. Louis.
It might surprise our eastern friends to learn that of the 10 largest US Cities, 7 are West of the Mississippi River. The fasted growing cities are all in the West, the fastest declining cities are all in the East. Of the 3 fastest growing Eastern Cities, one, Atlanta, is in the Southeast, and one Indianapolis, is in the Midwest, so most of the nations growth, is in non-traditional regions.
The times, they are a changin...
We'd be growing even faster, but too many transplants spontaneously combust in their first summers to qualify as residents...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,872 Posts
MoparNorm said:
In keeping with out latest theme of harmony, it should be noted, the "secluded place" is in the largest metropolitan area of Nebraska, Greater Omaha. Omaha is a modern and fast growing city.
Omaha is larger than Cleveland, Miami, Minneapolis and St. Louis.
It might surprise our eastern friends to learn that of the 10 largest US Cities, 7 are West of the Mississippi River. The fasted growing cities are all in the West, the fastest declining cities are all in the East. Of the 3 fastest growing Eastern Cities, one, Atlanta, is in the Southeast, and one Indianapolis, is in the Midwest, so most of the nations growth, is in non-traditional regions.
The times, they are a changin...
Indiana-no-place is growing?! That's quite a shock. I'd rather live in Fort Wayne for the record...
 

·
Active Jeeper
Joined
·
31,129 Posts
browens1534 said:
Indiana-no-place is growing?! That's quite a shock. I'd rather live in Fort Wayne for the record...
Didn't say that. ;)
Of the three fastest growing eastern cities, one is Indianapolis, which I noted. Pretty sure Indy is still in Indiana. ;)
Note growth rates are relative. Your city may be growing at 8% , but still be 20th on the list because cities like Houston and Phoenix are growing at 25%.*


* percentages used for example, not the actual percentages.
It should be noted that city size has no bearing on the quality of life there, however declining population is a good indicator that folks are voting with their feet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
jim2891 said:
Any idea if they will have any parts specials for their opening? Although I'm 2 1/2 hours north of Bellevue, I've been thinking about replacing the original struts & mounts on my 300M and those parts aren't cheap so any discount would be nice and more than pay for shipping (or gas if I feel like taking a short road trip).
Performance Automotive Group is equivalent to Billion Auto Group that you have up north. They don't do anything outside of the normal specials that all dealers have for service or parts. Believe it or not I get good prices for OEM parts on eBay.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
MoparNorm said:
In keeping with out latest theme of harmony, it should be noted, the "secluded place" is in the largest metropolitan area of Nebraska, Greater Omaha. Omaha is a modern and fast growing city.
Omaha is larger than Cleveland, Miami, Minneapolis and St. Louis.
In all fairness, Omaha is really only growing due to its hunger for the surrounding suburbs. It likes to swallow them up and "merge" them into the Omaha fold. The real core of Omaha is an old and decaying North Omaha a trying to be trendy downtown/midtown area and the separate nation of S. Omaha. When Omaha projects itself to the rest of the country it shows the trendy and affluent areas, unfortunately you don't have to go far to encounter the other areas.

The economy is doing well here are it is geared to agriculture. Biofuels are responsible for the stability and growth of this economy. When corn goes for $7.15 a bushel and you get an avg. of 150 bushels per acre and you have 20k acres...well you can see that a lot of farmers get new trucks every fall.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top