Allpar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I scored a radio with 4 disc CD changer from a 2001 Sebring convertible Friday, it is the Infinity with the remote amplifier that sat under the passenger seat. I am going to be installing it in my 1986 Lebaron convertible which has six speakers, two small dashboard top speakers and 4 identical round speakers, two in the doors and two in the rear quarter area adjacent to the back "seat".

First does anyone know the impedance of the 01 Infinity speakers and second, any source at all for the dashboard "tweeters".

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
21,352 Posts
This radio has 'RBK' in white letters on the faceplate?
The speaker sales code for Infinity speakers was RCK. I don't know the impedance, but I do see OEM-replacement dash speakers on ebay. Make sure that these are what you need first:
Memphis Pr275 One Pair 2.75" OEM Replacement Speaker 30 Watts 15w RMS Power | eBay (at https://www.ebay.com/p/Memphis-Pr275-One-Pair-2-75-OEM-Replacement-Speaker-30-Watts-15w-RMS-Power/1337989772?iid=121843088690 )
Jeremy (Oklahoma Wolf) may know more about newer specs. I don't see it published in the manuals.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IC, I will have to go look at the radio later today, it is in the garage.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IC, the radio is code RBB, PN P56038518AJ the date code is 0111 2011 so I suspect it was replaced. CD changer (which doesn't work) is PN P04858522AH with a date code of 2850.

·
Super Moderator
21,352 Posts
I believe that would still be a 2001 radio (11th day of 2001). A 2011 would be a completely different animal.
Does the CD changer show 'err' on the radio display? Check the pinout for power(s) and ground(s).

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, CD changer only has the 5 small lights, one in a fixed button that says "ready" and the other 4 are "load/ejt x" 1-4. With it powered up it starts will all 5 lit, if you enable CD on the head unit, "ready" goes out, if you press and of the load/ejt buttons they will flash alternately. I had, following the instructions on the main site, removed the top two CDs that were in it, the next one down is stuck in the play position and with the top open so I could observe, nothing happened.

I did verify Bat power and ign power and ground on the CD harness at the changer end. I was bench testing it as the car is still at the body shop.

Reactions: ImperialCrown

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, I have the amplifier and as much of the wiring as could be easily reached. Anyone have the information as to what signal the BCM sends to the amplifier to change the equalization for top down use? Amplifier numbers 05026005AE 36670 C and the Infinity logo. The other thing I would like to find is the wattage and speaker impedance so I can see about finding some suitable speakers for the 1986 konvertible.

Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts