Allpar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bf's Grandfather had a CJ7 that he swears up & down was a Superman Edition; but someone swapped the hood to a Renegade, so I'm curious if you guys know anything of the sort? I already asked, and he said no, it wasn't a Super-Jeep Edition.

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
Makes me wonder if someone ranking in the dealership knew a kid who did vehicle murals, and if they may be painted up some unlicensed artwork to help sell inventory...

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I doubt it; I asked norm on facebook, and he said he vaguely remembered it; but knew nothing about it.. hmmmmmm

·
Super Moderator
21,355 Posts
I think that anything Superman is very tightly controlled by copyright and trademark laws (too much money to be made).
I have some old Super Jeep advertising and they did try to give the Superman 'feel' in illustration without actually mentioning Superman by name.
If you have any more on this special edition Jeep, I would be very interested in hearing about it.

04photo01.jpg

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw that Super-Jeep one.. but my bf swears up & down it was a SuperMAN Jeep. o_O

Did not look like the Wrangler you posted though. The Wrangler you pictured was featured here: http://www.oramagazine.com/pastIssues/0502-issue/050207f-superman.html

The BF wants to see if his grandma has a pic of it when it was original. Probably not today though, since his grandfather died on fathers day; and his dad recently died, so grandma probably has a double-dose of not so awesome fathers-day going.

Contacted Jeep with the Vin; ordered the build-sheet. Hope that helps :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts