Allpar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 85 reliant se with efi and i bought the standard motor products part number SC5 speed senor replacement part. It doesnt look anything like whats under the car. Where the speedo cable gos into the axle theres a little rubber cylinder covering the rest of that part, is this the right place to look? then theres about a two inch section of wire coming out of the bottom of the cylinder that has been cut, or just rotted away. Is there a plug under that cylinder like the replacement part? The part is suppost to be a direct fit, but ive had multiple mechanics say its the wrong part. The little wiring harnesses that come with it i dont see anywhere they would go. I also dont see the rest of the wire for the speed sensor to go to the ecu i guess.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea my car has both, but cruise control isnt on my car because i still have a speedomotor but its throwing fault code 15, i cant even find the old wire that it should hook up to like around the airbox or where ever it starts, so thats why i can say its not a loose wire, there is none. I can take a picture of it but i dont know how to upload it to put it on here though. :frusty:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
can you be more specific, i gues you mean black and white wires, Where is the PCM connector? How would the wire travel once it left the speed sensor from the speedo cable, my wire leaves that area for about 2 inchs then its gone, dont see anything else.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.