Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
3,474 Posts
This has already been noted on another thread. It's the sky slider that's already present on the current liberty.

·
Registered
162 Posts
RVC said:
This has already been noted on another thread. It's the sky slider that's already present on the current liberty.
Ya that seems like the Sky Slider, but I think they will have a Panoramic roof also available as an option to be competitive with the Koreans, Ford, VW, whoever makes similar sized CUVs and offer panoramics. I also think they will have a basic sunroof available for lesser models and in case they have a DVD player option in the future (that is, if they don't put that in the front headrests like others are doing).

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
vipermoon64 said:
Ya that seems like the Sky Slider, but I think they will have a Panoramic roof also available as an option to be competitive with the Koreans, Ford, VW, whoever makes similar sized CUVs and offer panoramics. I also think they will have a basic sunroof available for lesser models and in case they have a DVD player option in the future (that is, if they don't put that in the front headrests like others are doing).
You cant have headrest screens with the new active headrests. If its not in the roof liner then it will be in the seat backs like on the '14 GC

·
Say no to kool-aid
3,922 Posts
vipermoon64 said:
I have a hard time seeing them offering 3 roofing configurations. I can't imagine it'd be worth the ROI. I'd guess they'll stick with the current conventional sunroof or sky slider options. I could of course be wrong, oh2o could undoubtedly confirm (as he confirmed the skyslider earlier), but it seems like it'd be too redundant. Just my thought.

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
bumonbox said:
I have a hard time seeing them offering 3 roofing configurations. I can't imagine it'd be worth the ROI. I'd guess they'll stick with the current conventional sunroof or sky slider options. I could of course be wrong, oh2o could undoubtedly confirm (as he confirmed the skyslider earlier), but it seems like it'd be too redundant. Just my thought.
They offered three roof configurations on the now discontinued Liberty.

Plus, I am not sure if a roof change requires recertification for rollover or some other regulation.............Paging Bob Sheaves!

·
Registered
5,969 Posts
cGmC11 said:
Over 9" of ground clearance, chrome windows trim?
Until you actually are using the suspension then you lose ground clearance. That has always been the nice thing about solid axles. Only the tire is going to alter the ground clearance.

·
Registered
531 Posts
bumonbox said:
Funny you should say that.

He confirmed a dual pane sunroof here: http://www.allpar.com/forums/topic/148040-an-park-assist-low-gear-4x4-for-2014-cherokee/page-2#entry11319463

He's confirmed a skyslider here: http://www.allpar.com/forums/topic/148040-an-park-assist-low-gear-4x4-for-2014-cherokee/page-2#entry11319260

I don't know about ROI, but it is apparently worth it for three roof options.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Seems a little chochy to me....."Uhm, our roof opens more than yours, so we are the more adventurous brand." If you say so, I guess. How about your vehicle will get me further up that hill, never mind the leaky roof.

·
Registered
387 Posts
bumonbox said:
Having 3 roof options seems like overkill to me too. Just a large panoramic roof please. :)

·
Super Moderator
3,522 Posts
DDakRT said:
Having 3 roof options seems like overkill to me too. Just a large panoramic roof please. :)
But if they only offered one sunroof option people would complain. I think the Sky Rider is a brilliant idea, and it must have been popular enough on the Liberty for them to engineer it into the KL.

·
Active Jeeper
31,138 Posts
JRS200x said:
It WAS popular.. If they can fix the reliability and leaking issues with it then it will be even more popular.It really is a very cool option.
The early issues with the sky slider, are the same issues that cause Liberty windows to mysteriously disappear. Cheap parts outsourcing, by Daimler. If a plastic part cost .15 cents, they'd find it for .7 cents...
Between my wife and mother-in-law, who bought their identical twin Liberty's on the same day, one VIN number apart, we have replaced 7 window regulators @ $425 each.
Hopefully, the new suppliers are up to speed and the cheap part era is behind us. The leakage issue was caused by the sky slider track breaking (plastic) and not sealing correctly.
When it functions correctly, it is a nice feature.

·
Say no to kool-aid
3,922 Posts
JRS200x said:
It WAS popular.. If they can fix the reliability and leaking issues with it then it will be even more popular.

It really is a very cool option.
I agree, I would favor it over a panoramic roof personally.

·
Registered
387 Posts
oh2o said:
But if they only offered one sunroof option people would complain. I think the Sky Rider is a brilliant idea, and it must have been popular enough on the Liberty for them to engineer it into the KL.
Panoramic roofs are staring to become the norm on anything but compact cars, to be honest I can't even think of another car out there that you can 2 different sunroof options, let alone 3.

·
Banned
3,474 Posts
Apparently they are throwing in everything but the kitchen sink in on this model. Lane departure, park assist, rear view camas, three sunroofs, multimedia, engine options, the list is beginning to look endless. They seem to be really counting on this one to make a splash.

Then again, the Dart is hyper-contented as well for its class, and they still managed to mess up the launch. I truly hope the launch of the Liberkee will be flawless.

·
Registered
531 Posts
RVC said:
Apparently they are throwing in everything but the kitchen sink in on this model. Lane departure, park assist, rear view camas, three sunroofs, multimedia, engine options, the list is beginning to look endless. They seem to be really counting on this one to make a splash.

Then again, the Dart is hyper-contented as well for its class, and they still managed to mess up the launch. I truly hope the launch of the Liberkee will be flawless.
I think the biggest thing with the Dart was starting with only Manual transmissions. If someone had heard about the new car, and wanted to go test drive it, but could not drive a manual vehicle, then they would be out of luck. While manuals are increasing somewhat, it is still below 10%. Between that, the slightly confusing trim structure, and the poor marketing, it was not what was hoped. It helps that (I believe) this new Liberty replacement will get better marketing than the Dart. They just better make sure they have all the options available at launch.

·
Plymouth Makes It
8,103 Posts
All that glass looks good, just wonder how it affects roll overs? Bet you Murphy can't wait.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts

Norm is going to need all those things when he takes it out on the trails at Moab.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts