Allpar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Worked on this SRS problem having to change out the module under the console. Check engine light off now and shows the SRS system booting up when starting up, light goes out. The alarm goes off when the driver belt is not connected, the passenger can sit and no alarm. I bought this car from neighbor and have looked on you tube where you can disable the SRS passenger seat belt. I would like to enable the seat and know the air bags will operate, I don't know if the air bags will work.

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
. . . The alarm goes off when the driver belt is not connected, the passenger can sit and no alarm. I bought this car from neighbor and have looked on you tube where you can disable the SRS passenger seat belt.. . . .
On 2003 model vehicles the chime / buzzer reminder and warning lamp were only connected to the driver seat belt system. Passenger seat belts are not connected to the reminder system.

The seat belt reminder system is wired separately from the SRS / supplemental restraint system. You can disable or enable the seat belt reminder system and have no effect on the functioning of the restraint system. If the airbag indicator lamp turns off after initial vehicle start up, then you know the restraint system is ready for deployment if a sudden vehicle impact warrants such action. You have nothing to do further.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On 2003 model vehicles the chime / buzzer reminder and warning lamp were only connected to the driver seat belt system. Passenger seat belts are not connected to the reminder system.

The seat belt reminder system is wired separately from the SRS / supplemental restraint system. You can disable or enable the seat belt reminder system and have no effect on the functioning of the restraint system. If the airbag indicator lamp turns off after initial vehicle start up, then you know the restraint system is ready for deployment if a sudden vehicle impact warrants such action. You have nothing to do further.
Thanks once again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts