Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the NAIAS coming up, has anyone heard anything about a possible SRT Dart reveal?

I think the last we heard anything relevant, and it was mostly unconfirmed, was at the Vegas dealer meeting.

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
I doubt it, but would be super pumped if its there! (I'm going to the Detroit show again this year)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Christopher Judson said:
I'm expecting to see a rt and maybe an aero. The rt will prolly be mopar modded.

Just my guess :)
I saw the option to order the aero on the dodge site the other day so you can at least config one but to be honest, you sacrifice a lot of options to get those couple extra mpg IMHO. I would agree the RT will probably come out next and probably the SRT a year later.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone notice that an SRT Dart isn't hinted at until 2016 on the new Chrysler plan?

Boo.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Stratuscaster said:
Or the bits and pieces to make it SRT simply are not ready yet.
I think the engine is a big missing part right now. I don't think they want to put the old Caliber SRT engine into the Dart and the Pentastar likely won't fit.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
pjfsu331 said:
Anyone notice that an SRT Dart isn't hinted at until 2016 on the new Chrysler plan?

Boo.
It isn't officially hinted.. It's what Allpar perdicts.. It might will be the new SRT 300..

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Paczki said:
Rumor is... srt dart couldn't support the torque... " ~ "

twisted
Rumor has it that they are reengineering it to take a Hemi v8...
Nah. It's they don't have a suitable power train.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Christopher Judson said:
Didn't mopar fit a v6 into a neon but it never went into production???? Or am I making stuff up?
I've seen a couple threads on other sites of people cramming the 3.3L V6 into a first generation Neon.

·
Registered
424 Posts
pjfsu331 said:
I've seen a couple threads on other sites of people cramming the 3.3L V6 into a first generation Neon.
How did the weight issue go with that one? I assume the handling went down a bit.

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,997 Posts
iis2see said:
If the Cherokee is based on the Dart platform, why can't the Pentastar fit for an SRT?
I'm thinking they probably made the nose a bit longer on the Cherokee.

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
Hey Suzq, How are you enjoying your Dart? I test drove a couple and really liked them, but got a Chrysler 200 instead. Got a better price on it and it's got a tad more rear leg room.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts