Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 198 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Effective August 10th the SRT division has raised the minimum MSRP price of the 2012 Jeep to $61,780!

They did this by raising the price of the Luxury Group by $1500, raising the price of the Harmon audio system by $1,000 and then making them both mandatory to order!

"...We are serious about protecting the Grand Cherokee SRT8's value in the short and long term" - Ralph Gilles

WHEN is the price GOUGING going to stop????

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Wow I have no words for how bad this is. I mean really? Look I love Chrysler and all but at this price you might as well pay the $1,880 bucks more and get a Cadillac CTS-V wagon with 556hp and 551lb-ft you would still have lots of room inside for people and cargo, and you have almost a hundred horsepower more. And you won't have to explain what kind of brain injury you have to justify paying 60K PLUS FOR A JEEP!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow I have no words for how bad this is. I mean really?
Fully loaded the new Jeep exceeds $65,000 :(.

And production has not even started!!

Imagine what they would have tried to go for in a better economy.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Fully loaded the new Jeep exceeds $65,000 :(.

And production has not even started!!

Imagine what they would have tried to go for in a better economy.
The competition (VW, Porsche and BMW) is at and over $80,000, with some models over $100,000. The thinking must be that at 5,000 max units, they will not have any issues selling them all. Since I don't consider SRT's "Jeeps", I have no issues with it.

Reactions: MickM

·
Plymouth Makes It
8,107 Posts
Its OK if its better than the vehicles in that price range. Maybe they are trying to sell to people who won't damage them.

·
Super Moderator
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
According to one of the Jeep sites, SRT is coming out with new print ads...

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
According to one of the Jeep sites, SRT is coming out with new print ads...

Well,...you nailed the demographic. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,285 Posts
I do have to agree with MoparNorm
The competition (VW, Porsche and BMW) is at and over $80,000, with some models over $100,000. The thinking must be that at 5,000 max units, they will not have any issues selling them all. Since I don't consider SRT's "Jeeps", I have no issues with it.
Yeah, I am always puzzled how much Porsche charges for a Cayenne Turbo S. In the past you could probably get a Jeep SRT8, a Challenger SRT8 and still have change left over for a Charger R/T for the same price...

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Effective August 10th the SRT division has raised the minimum MSRP price of the 2012 Jeep to $61,780!

They did this by raising the price of the Luxury Group by $1500, raising the price of the Harmon audio system by $1,000 and then making them both mandatory to order!

"...We are serious about protecting the Grand Cherokee SRT8's value in the short and long term" - Ralph Gilles

WHEN is the price GOUGING going to stop????

When compared to its peers, is it really? Besides, it's not actually price gouging in a legal sense. It is a function of seeing what the market will bear for this performance brand. Ultimately, transactional prices must trend higher for the SRT brand as indicia of it attaining its targeted consumer acceptance. It's all part of CGLLC making money.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
I have an issue with it because they aren't going to steal sales from Porsche or BMW those customers would consider a Jeep a downgrade so all they are doing is pricing the people who were loyal to the GC SRT8 out of it. Also if the powers that be consider Jeep competition for those makes then what does that say for Jeeps future.

Reactions: MoparDanno

·
Paper Tag Rubicon
4,735 Posts
Speculation.
I have an issue with it because they aren't going to steal sales from Porsche or BMW those customers would consider a Jeep a downgrade so all they are doing is pricing the people who were loyal to the GC SRT8 out of it. Also if the powers that be consider Jeep competition for those makes then what does that say for Jeeps future.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
If you start comparing them to Porsche and MB, you have just raised the bar on the Jeep at least for the level its in. Maybe they start hoping that everyone will start doing the same

·
Paper Tag Rubicon
4,735 Posts
More speculation: Yes, Jeep and the Jeep GC hold a cache that no other "Chrysler" holds. Perhaps Viper which also appeals to the yacht set.
Yes it is but do you really think Jeep is gonna start stealing Porsche and BMW customers???

·
Plymouth Makes It
8,107 Posts
Not even close to my idea of a factory hotrod. Useless off road bit probably great for a load of 105 lb shoppers. :lol:

·
10,408 Posts
Hmmm...they are losing touch with reality...

1 - 20 of 198 Posts