Allpar Forums banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
UP NEXT: NASHVILLE FAIRGROUNDS SPEEDWAY

It is sad to say, but this is the final race for SRX this season. They will be heading to music city, to the Nashville Fairgrounds Speedway. The race will feature the best of the best including a local racer and this week, NASCAR champion Chase Elliott.

After a successful five weeks of racing, we have just this one race left. But it's sure to be an exciting event.

The race takes place Saturday, July 17, 2021 at 5pm Pacific on your local CBS network.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
SRX NASHVILLE FAIRGROUNDS SPEEDWAY RECAP

The season is now officially over for the SRX in their inaugural season. I must say it was an exciting adventure. The growing pains ended very fast after just one race and since then we've had consistent action from beginning to end. The series performed above expectations averaging 1.3 million viewers throughout the entire season, beating the NASCAR Xfinity and Truck series tv ratings.

In our final race of the season, Chase Elliott was the guest star and raced side by side with his father, Bill. As well, Hailie Deegan returned for her third start. This is the sixth race and last race of the season.

In heat one, Awesome Bill from Dawesonville dominated leading every lap except on when his son, Chase took the lead. The entire race was a battle as Chase Elliott tried to pass his dad, but in the end, the experience of Bill Elliott pulled off the victory in heat 1. Bobby Labonte came in third followed by Marco Andretti and a good run by Tony Kanaan.

Heat 2 saw Helio Castroneves jump to the front and beat Paul Tracy, Bobby Labonte, Bill Elliott, and Tony Kanaan.

The main event saw Chase Elliott win the race after some tense and exciting laps battling for the lead. Bill Elliott finished second with Bobby Labonte in third and Paul Tracy in fourth.

Two drivers struggled the entire day. Willy T. Ribbs finished last in each event and Hailie Deegan never finished better than 10th.

Stay tuned. I will hopefully later organize all the drivers and their race stats as well as how were the drivers would finish if the SRX was indeed a championship with points. It should be fun. In the coming weeks, I hope to work on that.

Besides that, it has been an honor and a joy sharing this race league with you all. I hope to do it again next year and I hope to see the SRX expand to more tracks around the United States. Make it a league to showcase short tracks from all corners of the country, not just the midwest and south. Other than all that, have a great week everyone and hope you enjoyed my coverage of the SRX to you.

·
Registered
5,896 Posts
The racing in this series has been surprisingly good and has drawn good audiences on TV despite many of their drivers being literally "over the hill". This would be a great series for Dodge to pick up sponsorship for if they could make the bodies look more like real Dodge Challengers .....AND (big if) they would be allowed to use Gen III Hemis to power the cars and display that on the hoods of the race cars.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Hailie Deegan finished a remarkable 2nd (to Tony Stewart) at Knoxville.
Lol, I know. I've watched and written write-ups for every single event to try and get people to talk and discuss this series. I've been trying to get people exited. But I guess it didn't really draw much people in... I'm trying to get this motorsports forum active.

·
Registered
5,896 Posts
I'm trying to get this motorsports forum active.
That would go a lot easier if Mopar were active in more racing series. When I joined this board back in 2012, we had several series Mopar was participating in to report on nearly every week. Now most of it, unfortunately, has to be posted in the Historical Motorspoprts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
That would go a lot easier if Mopar were active in more racing series. When I joined this board back in 2012, we had several series Mopar was participating in to report on nearly every week. Now most of it, unfortunately, has to be posted in the Historical Motorspoprts
True. I really just hope that Mopar gets involved in the not so far away future. It made NASCAR so much fun to me. But even if they got involved in a smaller league like SRX first, that could be a start. Heck, Ram could make their trucks be used as official vehicles even, lol.

I am trying to share these racing leagues in the hopes that we encourage more people in and who knows, if Mopar comes back, we will already have a sizable fan-base. :D Plus it is fun to talk to people about stuff instead of "future vehicles" that never seem to come. At least these races are happening right now.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I watched all six races to give it a chance to hook me, but unfortunately, it lived down to my expectations. Perhaps I've become jaded and cynical by too many politicians and media hacks, but the series seemed contrived and managed in an attempt to build excitement.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
I watched a few srx races, i mostly stick to indy car now and nascar with indy taking priority
How was it 'getting into' Indy Car? I've considered it, but don't really have the time to invest in another sport to follow. I am curious about it.

They are even getting their first licensed video game in a few years after a nearly 20 year lack of one.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
I watched all six races to give it a chance to hook me, but unfortunately, it lived down to my expectations. Perhaps I've become jaded and cynical by too many politicians and media hacks, but the series seemed contrived and managed in an attempt to build excitement.
Hey, at least ya gave it a shot, right? That's great you gave it far more of a try than most people who will denounce something. I give you a thumbs up.

In reality, I have become jaded and cynical to many things and I never really get "excited" by much. Inside I knew that wasn't a great way to live, so I tried to open up these past years and enjoy simpler things... like auto racing! :D It's made me a happier person. Hopefully you have many things you enjoy as well. :) Thanks for posting.

·
Virginia Gentleman
15,243 Posts
Side note - I've caught a few IMSA races that came on after the NASCAR Xfinity races. Interesting to watch 4 different classes racing on the track at the same time.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
How was it 'getting into' Indy Car? I've considered it, but don't really have the time to invest in another sport to follow. I am curious about it.

They are even getting their first licensed video game in a few years after a nearly 20 year lack of one.
I found it’s easier to get into then nhra tbh. Nhra as stupid times for watching in tv while Indy is actually live. Next year will be even better since they’ll on nbc for most races i believe. Indy also has tons of young talent with people that aren’t afraid to speak their mind so no better time then now to get into it. Their races are fairly short too so you feel refreshed and don’t waste a whole day watching one thing it feels like.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
I found it’s easier to get into then nhra tbh. Nhra as stupid times for watching in tv while Indy is actually live. Next year will be even better since they’ll on nbc for most races i believe. Indy also has tons of young talent with people that aren’t afraid to speak their mind so no better time then now to get into it. Their races are fairly short too so you feel refreshed and don’t waste a whole day watching one thing it feels like.
I appreciate you responding. I always feel like I am "wasting" a day when I watch entire races. I try to do many things at once and have the race on in the background. I like shorter. I will try to give Indy a go in the near future. Or maybe dive fully in at the start of a new season.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I appreciate you responding. I always feel like I am "wasting" a day when I watch entire races. I try to do many things at once and have the race on in the background. I like shorter. I will try to give Indy a go in the near future. Or maybe dive fully in at the start of a new season.
The announcers are good at describing things for new people watching like the different tire colors and what not. If you watch this year i can’t speak for their next race since it’s new but the Indy road course has been good, WW has been good in the past (oval), and Long Beach is always fun. There’s like 6 races left this year i believe. All look to be solid tracks

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
The announcers are good at describing things for new people watching like the different tire colors and what not. If you watch this year i can’t speak for their next race since it’s new but the Indy road course has been good, WW has been good in the past (oval), and Long Beach is always fun. There’s like 6 races left this year i believe. All look to be solid tracks
I might check my local listings earlier then and try and catch one this weekend (or whenever the next race is).

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I might check my local listings earlier then and try and catch one this weekend (or whenever the next race is).
In 2 weeks is the next race, the Nashville street course. Indy only has 15-20 races typically, this year is 16 i think

41 - 58 of 58 Posts