Allpar Forums banner

501 - 520 of 526 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #503
I started replacing the window sweeps and window channel on the passenger door. I got as far as getting the interior trim off and the vent window assembly out when I decided I was tired of being cold. So, it can wait 'til another day (or week, or month).
phpXdpxdOPM.jpg

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Just cruised through your thread, this is a beauty, and enjoyed seeing the progress you've made :cool:

And any job worth doing right, must have an alert and fully qualified inspector, and it certainly looks like yours is on the ball ;):D

Not gonna let anything slip by him :)

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #506
Today, I finished screwing the outer window fuzzy to the passenger door and decided to pull the window regulator to see why it's so hard to wind up and down. I found corrosion on the steel channels in which the guides slide and that the regulator itself is a little out of whack. The large gear was cutting a groove in the plate to which it is mounted. I tweaked it a bit and cleaned and greased everything before putting it back in. It didn't even require any substantial cussing. It all works much better now.
php0fQYkVPM.jpg
phpOR946xPM.jpg
php9tk6RPPM.jpg
phpl4cXtCPM.jpg
phpNtIdYDPM.jpg

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #507
Today, I installed the inner "cat whiskers" onto the upper passenger door molding. Maybe tomorrow I'll have a chance to reinstall that and the door panel.
php0ydCsfAM.jpg

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #508
Today, I put the door panel and the upper trim back on the door. Before I did that, I decided to make a pattern to replace what appeared to be a missing panel over the large access hole in the door. I assume the original was probably cardboard and didn't survive the years. Unfortunately, only three of the four clips were still with the car. I used coroplast to make the new panel.
php6qbqPqPM.jpg
phpA0vADuPM.jpg
phpURGZO7PM.jpg
phpl3ZzoVPM.jpg

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
That stuff alot of guys put on the bare floor. Looks like super thick duck tape, its peel and stick. Some folks put it on the inside of the doors to cut back on vibration and noise.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #510
I have some leftover Xmat and considered just sticking some of that over the hole, but wanted something easily removable and replaceable should I, or a future owner, have to get inside the door again.

·
Registered
6,138 Posts
Today, I put the door panel and the upper trim back on the door. Before I did that, I decided to make a pattern to replace what appeared to be a missing panel over the large access hole in the door. I assume the original was probably cardboard and didn't survive the years. Unfortunately, only three of the four clips were still with the car. I used coroplast to make the new panel.
View attachment 27071 View attachment 27073 View attachment 27075 View attachment 27077
Believe it was a type of fiberboard.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #513

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #514
Since I had an entire season and then some on the gear oil, I took advantage of yesterday's warm weather and crawled under and drained the differential. I was happy to see it come out looking like gear oil instead of sludge. It wasn't even very dirty. I would have changed the transmission, but I didn't have enough gear oil. I did squeeze a tube of Liqui Moly gearbox stop leak in this time.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #515
I somehow lost the return spring from the parking brake when I put on the new band. Today I found this spring in one of my junk bins. I think it's from a junked washing machine. Works. No more looking for the missing spring.
phpC558G8PM.jpg

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #518
When I took the seats apart to redo them, I misplaced the knob for the seat adjuster. A couple of days ago, long after I gave up on it, I found it while looking for something else.
phpcd8DG5AM.jpg

501 - 520 of 526 Posts