Allpar Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,099 Posts
It sounds to me like you have a poor connection from a battery terminal (connector) to the wire that is crimped to that connector. After you crank, check those battery terminal connectors for any heat. If one is warm then you have a high resistance connection. It won't matter whether you are jumping the battery or just using your old battery. If a wire terminal has high resistance, the starter won't get enough voltage to spin it sufficiently to start the engine.

To repair, you can either buy a new cable (preferred), or cut the wire off the old cable, strip the insulation back, and install it on a new battery terminal connector.

Note that the problem could also be a short within the starter. See if the battery terminals get hot first and if they don't, remove the starter and get it tested at your local auto parts store.
 
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top