Allpar Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
4,087 Posts
The thing is PSA EMP1/CMP and EMP2 lines are already set up elsewhere. No Giorgio Global models are in production, and these would be the higher margin models you would expect for US production.
Grand Cherokee is not in production?

BTW they are calling it Giorgio Evo internally.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Belvidere and Brampton will survive, but they will not be building what they are building now.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Opel, Vauxhall, Chrysler and Lancia fit the same markets. They should be co-developed. The large bulk of engineering and design could be all the same with the grilles being different. None of those brands are in any markets together and their style language could be one.
As Erik said, there's not point in sharing anything beyond basic platform characteristics between NAFTA and EMEA brands here. NAFTA at this point still has different engineering requirements for safety, and stylistic expectations for NAFTA historic brands. "Badge Engineering" is the wrong trajectory.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
As a very long time Allparian, and with respect, until new products are officially announced, I will not buy into the new products are coming comments. I have heard so many "insiders" say that very thing for almost 10 years now.
You're well within your rights, but this isn't FCA. Heck, even FCA delivered on new product in the beginning.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Even more reason to not believe it is coming until we can see it in a showroom.
So you're going to ignore what PSA did to bring Opel into the corporation?

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
You're well within your rights, but this isn't FCA. Heck, even FCA delivered on new product in the beginning.
Stellantis is half FCA. Tavares did good things with PSA, but can he fix the other half and make it one cohesive organization? We'll see. I'm not counting on new product until I see it.

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
This company, before Stellantis has had so many five year plans, that had products listed that never saw the light of day, has no credibility to me. This is just here in NA. Tavares, if he wants to integrate NA is going to have to make major changes in the fiefdom that is Auburn Hills.
Those 5 year plans were all for investors....to fool them into buying stock.

In my opinion, the falsification of sales figures was for the same purpose.
The slow-walking of recalls and the issuing of software patches to avoid recalls was for the same purpose.
FCA settled with stockholders over their deception

Under past leadership, the company was all about increasing the stock price to benefit Exor and position the company for a merger. There was little focus or care on product, quality or branding. Those things were expendable.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Those 5 year plans were all for investors....to fool them into buying stock.

In my opinion, the falsification of sales figures was for the same purpose.
The slow-walking of recalls and the issuing of software patches to avoid recalls was for the same purpose.
FCA settled with stockholders over their deception

Under past leadership, the company was all about increasing the stock price to benefit Exor and position the company for a merger. There was little focus or care on product, quality or branding. Those things were expendable.
So, if that's the case, why is the same crack management team still in place? It boggles my mind.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
So, if that's the case, why is the same crack management team still in place? It boggles my mind.
It's just typical corporate culture. Executives are incentivized to do whatever the CEO/Board has asked them to do, and do it well. If that was to create mirages and pleasing plans then they'll do it in fantastic fashion. If Tavares feels that they can carry out his new direction then why get rid of them? They have institutional knowledge and finding new talent is extremely expensive. If they resist the new direction they'll be gone in due time.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
I agree, but I also feel that unless he lights a fire under their kisters, they will simply pay him lip service and ignore anything he tries to change. They are like your kids that you tell to clean their rooms. As soon as you leave, they go back to playing video games or talking on the phone. My kids tried that one time. They thought I was joking, and I pulled my truck under their bedroom window and threw all their stuff right out the window. For some reason I never had to ask them again to clean their room.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
They can call it whatever they want internally. What is it called externally?
Most folks probably have no idea, so it really is irrelevant what it's called externally. After all, how many people know that, for example, the original 94 Ram was coded "BR," the 03 was "DR," and so on, or that the new Grand Cherokees L is a WL75?

21 - 39 of 39 Posts