Allpar Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Jeepaholic
6,264 Posts
Curious. At the 1 minute mark, they show some different vehicles….which is the Jeepish looking vehicle with the spare tire on the back? Wrangler is the only one currently with the tire on the back if I’m not mistaken, after Liberty died off years ago.

There also appears to be a smaller truck as well, but perhaps that’s a Fiat?

·
Jeepaholic
6,264 Posts

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Curious. At the 1 minute mark, they show some different vehicles….which is the Jeepish looking vehicle with the spare tire on the back? Wrangler is the only one currently with the tire on the back if I’m not mistaken, after Liberty died off years ago.
Rear three-quarters styling says it’s a Jeep. The position of the windows suggests the body has only two passenger doors, but these aren’t real vehicle designs (look how long that window would be!), just 3D sketches overlaid on the real design: the common architecture underneath.

There also appears to be a smaller truck as well, but perhaps that’s a Fiat?
Well, it looks small enough to be exported to Europe and find actual buyers, but it’s not a European product. All of these are developed in Auburn Hills, as part of a single family of midsize-to-fullsize fully-electric vehicles. The project started around the time WL did, and is another “clean sheet” design...

·
Jeepaholic
6,264 Posts
Rear three-quarters styling says it’s a Jeep. The position of the windows suggests the body has only two passenger doors, but these aren’t real vehicle designs (look how long that window would be!), just 3D sketches overlaid on the real design: the common architecture underneath.

Well, it looks small enough to be exported to Europe and find actual buyers, but it’s not a European product. All of these are developed in Auburn Hills, as part of a single family of midsize-to-fullsize fully-electric vehicles. The project started around the time WL did, and is another “clean sheet” design...
I hadn’t noticed the 2 passenger doors before, I think I saw what looked like hinges on the rear doors but you’re looking through the vehicle as well, and those are the hinges on the passenger side. I think I got a bit excited when I saw the spare on the back, you know how much I loved my old Liberty! Lol.

Still interesting to see, though, thanks for the clarification!

·
Jeepaholic
6,264 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts