Allpar Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Yes I do expect continued neglect. Everyone keeps saying "Tavares this" and Tavares that" and that he will be the savior. I hope so. But I don't expect or think that will happen. He isn't going to directly control what happens with Chrysler or Dodge. He is going to be working over in Europe with the Euro brands. We will have the same incompetence or lack of caring leaders here in the US running Chrysler and Dodge. Sure the C/D folks want the brands to succeed, but the one's in charge don't seem to care. Isn't it Manley who will be in charge or something? If so, nothing will happen good to C/D.
You do not act like it. You consistently insist that the sky is falling.

They don't pay a guy like Manley the big bucks just to be a "yes man" any more than they pay the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff to not speak his/her mind and call B.S. when they think it's the right thing to do.

See: Bruce Clarke and the Relief of St. Vith.

As I said....strategic stuff....not day to day operation, which is left to the CEO and the executive team.

Elkann will approve Tavares' plan....but it will be Tavares' plan, not Elkann's.
Exactly! From my perspective, which may be totally off: Elkann = Commander in Chief. Tavares = a combination of Forces Commander/Chief of Staff. Manley = Field Army Commander. Elkann defines the grand strategy. Tavares assists in that planning and determines how to effect/operationalize that strategy. Tavares gives Manley his marching orders. Manley runs the operational force in Stellantis NA, backbriefs Tavares on his understanding of his part of the order, and determines how to operationalize those orders. Manley develops his plan and briefs it to his commander (Tavares). If Tavares has issues, they either resolve them amongst themselves, or elevate it to Elkann. The last may be totally off, but when you're at the highest levels of a megacorporation, like the military, there's greater ability for a direct report to push back.

Reactions: David S

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
As I said....strategic stuff....not day to day operation, which is left to the CEO and the executive team.

Elkann will approve Tavares' plan....but it will be Tavares' plan, not Elkann's.
Is it strategic stuff or it isn't? Your two statements are contradicting. But many of your posts are.

If Elkann is responsible for strategic stuff it means that he will be involved in plan creation.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
41 - 49 of 49 Posts