Allpar Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's not anywhere near perfect, but here you go:

The idea came whilst looking at the Warlock & LilRed's on Google, and how it might relate to the 2013 m/y.
The thing both of these trucks had in common was a step-side bed. Therefore, that is what I made. Starting with adding the dually-bed to it & then modding it from there. Now, Obviously with the exhaust routed that way, the filler isn't going to be right there, I just didnt' feel like moving it. LOL

·
Premium Member
20,074 Posts
I like the stepside.

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
I like the stepside.
I do too, but I think that it'd be more likely on a regular cab.

I'd also look at GM and Ford stepside ergonomics (ie, no rolled top edge) to compare how designers would probably work. Unfortunately I think that the day of the "Utiline" bed that was actually expected to be used for a work truck is gone, so the stepside has, ironically, become even more of a "lifestyle" cue than the "sweptline" bed design was back in the day.

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Might be more 'traditional' on a single-cab. But I don't see very many single-cab trucks that aren't fleet/work trucks.

·
Premium Member
20,074 Posts
What better way to have a single cab truck than to have it with a stepside and a little performance package, 'lil Red Express "like".

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

:lol: Definitely open this in a new tab.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Also Did the Ducato..

I like the way the edge of the body comes down to the edge of the headlight on the red truck. Plus the door does not need to be modified. Only front fenders, hood, grill bumper. The red truck is just missing the vents next to the wind shield unless it's under the raised hump and the seams for the hood to open.
The fat fender look that the 2nd picture is trying to do just doesn't look right. The red van just looks better.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
It's not anywhere near perfect, but here you go:

The idea came whilst looking at the Warlock & LilRed's on Google, and how it might relate to the 2013 m/y.
The thing both of these trucks had in common was a step-side bed. Therefore, that is what I made. Starting with adding the dually-bed to it & then modding it from there. Now, Obviously with the exhaust routed that way, the filler isn't going to be right there, I just didnt' feel like moving it. LOL
Up right exhaust with the diesel package.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts