Allpar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1970 Plymouth Duster 340, 2021 Jeep Wrangler 4XE
111 Posts
The return to NASCAR would be great news!! One can only imagine.
Wondering out loud here, but with what team(s)?
SHR
ROUSCH
ANDRETTI???
Can't wait to hear.
My heart says Petty Motorsports.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Roush only makes sense depending on how much power Keslowski actually has.
Maybe SHR. I'm kind of surprised they're Ford right now. That said where SHR goes Rick Ware Racing goes too.
Petty makes total sense, but they're not exactly competitive.
Trackhouse? The old CGR operation will now be Trackhouse and they were the strongest Dodge team in the 00's.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Maybe SHR. I'm kind of surprised they're Ford right now. That said where SHR goes Rick Ware Racing goes too.
Trackhouse? The old CGR operation will now be Trackhouse and they were the strongest Dodge team in the 00's.
I'm waiting to see if Dodge will back Stewart's new NHRA team. An announcement is expected after this week's final in Pomona. His future wife has a long history with Dodge in NHRA and so does Matt Hagan who is also joining the team. There are rumors that if he is backed by Dodge in NHRA, they will also support a Nascar team for him - just rumors right now and he could still pull his whole new NHRA team over to Ford also.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Only interested if it will be running a mopar engine and not a brand x spec motor. Have no stomach for a true muscle car challenger/charger/camaro/mustang being beaten by a so-so camry.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Only interested if it will be running a mopar engine and not a brand x spec motor. Have no stomach for a true muscle car challenger/charger/camaro/mustang being beaten by a so-so camry.
I think the NEXTGen cars starting this year will be moving to a spec motor (possibly hybrid) in an year or two.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Not really competitive right now. It would depend who Dodge would select as the "mother" team and the Petty operation could ally with them.
Ironic considering RPM in its current incarnation is the combination of Petty Enterprises and Evernham Motorsports. The latter being pretty competitive in the early 00's and the former nearly winning in Sonoma in 2002 I think.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Everyone keeps thinking it will be Dodge. No one talks about Ram in the truck series first, then transition to Dodge later possibly. Ram would have tons of takers in the Truck series and would make a smoother transition to the big leagues. People can read more at the original topic that started this conversation here.

Right now, no really successful teams in Cup for Dodge to take the helm out. They would have to build up teams and smaller teams that aren't as successful. Weaker teams like Roush, Stewart-Haas, Front Row, JTG Daugherty, Richard Petter Motorsports. Team Penske could even be an option as Ford has been struggling the past year.

Some other names that have swirled for NASCAR, and it's rather legitimately, is Acura. They've been spending tons of money entering and running teams in various sports car leagues. They have put big money into their new TLX.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Everyone keeps thinking it will be Dodge. No one talks about Ram in the truck series first, then transition to Dodge later possibly. Ram would have tons of takers in the Truck series and would make a smoother transition to the big leagues.

Right now, no really successful teams in Cup for Dodge to take the helm out. They would have to build up teams and smaller teams that aren't as successful. Weaker teams like Roush, Stewart-Haas, Front Row, JTG Daugherty, Richard Petter Motorsports. Team Penske could even be an option as Ford has been struggling the past year.

Some other names that have swirled for NASCAR, and it's rather legitimately, is Acura. They've been spending tons of money entering and running teams in various sports car leagues. They have put big money into their new TLX.
Not sure how relevant the truck series is when it woll share nothing with Cup. New car, new engine, etc. Surely the R6P8 could be reworked to run in the truck and Xfinity series, though.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Not sure how relevant the truck series is when it woll share nothing with Cup. New car, new engine, etc. Surely the R6P8 could be reworked to run in the truck and Xfinity series, though.
What I was saying is everyone just assumes the manufacturer is going to Cup and it will be Dodge.

No one is paying attention to the fact that the manufacturer may be RAM going to the Truck Series. In a few years, when the hybrid engines are official, Dodge could pop in. Right now, the Next Gen cars will all have separate engines made specifically by each company. Ford for Ford, Chevy for Chevy, etc.

For more info on Dodge and new manufacturers and discussion, people can check out the original topic that started this conversation here.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts