Allpar Forums banner
61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
CGR was always my favorite Dodge team. That Black Texaco Havoline car was gorgeous.
I always enjoyed listening to Sterlin' Marlin, even when he drove for "Brand C", which I despised. I was delighted when CGR picked him to drive one of their Dodges. He almost brought Dodge their first championship after their 2001 comeback. Unfortunately, Jeff Burton wan't focusing when he ran into the back of Marlin's car at Kansas during a yellow flag and there went the championship.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
After watching above video : could DSR not Mfg. Dodge's nascar engines ? Seems like a logical step forward if indeed it is Tony Stewart who brings Dodge back.
MOPAR Always !
Just to clarify it would be DSM and not DSR. Dsr is the race team while dsm is his manufaacturing which is starting to pick up since his other top fuel driver is starting his own team and will be getting everything from don. So I’d imagine don very much could do that since he’s expanding operations now that his team has cut back drastically have the last 2/3 years.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Just to clarify it would be DSM and not DSR. Dsr is the race team while dsm is his manufaacturing which is starting to pick up since his other top fuel driver is starting his own team and will be getting everything from don. So I’d imagine don very much could do that since he’s expanding operations now that his team has cut back drastically have the last 2/3 years.
DSM building NASCAR engines would be very interesting and something I had not considered. I still think Dodge could make these engines in house if they wanted to, following the TRD model. They wouldn't be at the mercy of a single team like they were with Penske, either if they build in house or have a third party like DSM build them.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
DSM building NASCAR engines would be very interesting and something I had not considered. I still think Dodge could make these engines in house if they wanted to, following the TRD model. They wouldn't be at the mercy of a single team like they were with Penske, either if they build in house or have a third party like DSM build them.
I have a feeling they’re gonna do them themselves or have an outside source. Can’t run into another Penske situation if that were to happen again

61 - 74 of 74 Posts