Allpar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings fellow Moparites, I have 2 T&Cs one is an 06 the other an 07. Recently both have developed an intermittant sticking throttle problem that occurs when you are driving and let off and reapply the throttle. Pedal is very hard to push and finally "breaks free" causing an acceleration surge. Neither of the vans have adjustable pedals, both only stick after let off and reapply, and I can not get it to stick just by pushing the pedal by hand. I have lubed every point in the linkage, and the pedal pivot point. No change on either car. Any one had a similar experience ?, or figured out how to fix it please let me know. Thanks, and MOPAR or NO CAR. Moparcarl

·
Super Moderator
21,357 Posts
Maybe try a throttle body cleaning? If carbon build-up between the blade and bore is excessive, the throttle blade could bind here. If that isn't it, I might want to replace the throttle cable.
There is no lube recommendation for accelerator/throttle linkages except keeping them clean. Some throttle body solvents have an 'oily' feel.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Take a hammer and wack the the throttle control wire that is wrapped around. Squirt penetrating oil into the rod coming out of the throttle body that the wire is wrapped around on. I have this on a 1995 neon and other cars. When they have sat for quite a while the throttle will stick. If you lube this up and tap it with a hammer it will keep the throttle from sticking. They get debri in them and then the heat bakes it in. Then if your stepping on it they will stick. First had that on a 1990 sundance, 3000 going down the road, manual in nuetral, clutch in , not touching the pedal. they replaced the O2 did it two blocks away from the dealership, did it a couple times. never figured it out till the 95 neon. Now if I let it sit for a while, then go out and run it it will surge and stay at a higher rpm. lube, wack, once, or twice, then its fine.

I guess it would be the throttle return spring, on the side of the throttle body. Like I said mine gets rusted or crap sitting, and then doesn't want to return. Try it and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Greetings fellow Moparites, I have 2 T&Cs one is an 06 the other an 07. or figured out how to fix it please let me know.
Did you get the problem fixed?
I have a 2008 GC, recently it developed an intermittant sticking throttle problem that occurs when you are driving and pushing the pedal hard. It has the adjustable pedals. Not only that the brake got hard after I shifted into neutral and then let up and let me brake to a stop. Good thing I was able to access a service road to let me coast - engine was roaring @ 4000 rpm. I got out checked it was the floor mat jamming the pedal and was able to move the pedal and return to normal operation.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I too have an '04 Town and Country, and the same problem described in the first post happens to me as well. Usually, the throttle never sticks in colder weather, only when it is warm. I (or my mechanic) has not found a solution to the problem.

·
Super Moderator
21,357 Posts
I have replaced the adjustable pedal assemblies on both minivans and Pacificas to fix 'binding or creaky' gas pedals.
They were still under warranty, I believe. Lubrication doesn't help, I tried.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts