Allpar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife was driving my '88 LeBaron Premium Convertible today and experienced a blowout. Right front. Only about 5 mi. from home, I was just a cell phone call away. Changed the tire, but also noticed the plastic wheel well/fender lining had been torn off, the cornering light was missing, and as I turned onto our street the turn signal also turned on the heater, full blast. And the heater controls would not turn the heater off - also no digital indicators were lighted on the heat/AC controls. I've never had a flat tire cause results like this. She promises she "did not hit anything" but it's like a small explosion occurred. Which, I suppose, a blowout actually is. The heater situation is really strange, however. Any comments or solutions? Thanks, as always.

·
Super Moderator
31,983 Posts
Sounds like some wiring was damaged to the turn signal, and it's backfeeding or providing a ground for the heater fan. Start by checking all wiring around the light.

·
Premium Member
20,074 Posts
You have a lot of stuff up in the corner, so include wiring around the AC unit itself, the fan, things like that. This isn't the first time a blowout has damaged stuff, ripped plastic inner fenders, wiring, bent fenders. A tire with steel belts is very damaging with a belt or some of the wires from the tire slicing and dicing like a weed wacker.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts