Allpar Forums banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
39,107 Posts
I've just researched ownership of Stellantis to see if I could buy a share of stock and speak at the annual meeting.
They aren't listed in the U.S., entirely a foreign company now. So that option is a non starter as well.

Customer care called again this morning to see if zone rep had called. No. Company remains unresponsive. Won't refer me to a dealer qualified to repair, won't authorize the reman which could have been done 3 months ago for less than the buy out offered. And the part is in stock at my local dealer who is authorized to do R&R.

They obviously don't care that the vehicle is out of service and seem to be intent on trying to finding a way to cancel the warranty with a buy out.

I don't even know what to say at this point.
You can buy STLA stock in the USA. They are listed on the NYSE. Shareholder meetings are by video.

·
Super Moderator
40,011 Posts
In post #56 KOG says his dealer has a trans in stock.

If a lesser-level tech can do the replacement, then there is no need to search for a Level 3 Tech, and the replacement, with existing parts and labor should proceed.
But they chose not to do that, pushing the rebuild instead.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
But they chose not to do that, pushing the rebuild instead.
We're running in circles here, like a dog chasing it's own tail.

Repaired is allowed per the warranty.

What is the book time for a competent tech to remove, rebuild and replace the existing trans?

What is the price of the trans that his dealership has in stock?

What is that dealership's current labor rate for a Level 2 Tech?

What is the book time for a trans remove and replace?

If answers to the above questions were known, it might just come out cheaper to have that dealership use the existing part and current labor to replace, rather than saying rebuild, but we have no tech available.

Certainly a Level 3 Tech has to make more, I've done some searching online and see what some dealerships have for, and are offering for a Level 3 Tech.

Maybe he shouldn't have to, but I certainly would be getting on the phone and start contacting every dealership near me and working outward, until I find one that has a Level 3 Tech.

And as it has already been pointed out, I also find it hard to believe that there isn't a competent tech out there, somewhere.

Once I find one, then I give that info to my local dealership and ask them; "...so what's the hold up now?"

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
This is the retail price of the replacement trans that IC posted in #12:

What is the book time to remove and replace this part?

With this part at the dealership cost, and existing labor, that shouldn't come anywhere near totaling out his van at the $6500 that Stellantis has offered him.

·
Registered
61 Posts
You can buy STLA stock in the USA. They are listed on the NYSE. Shareholder meetings are by video.
Stellantis will do nothing. When I have called their listed phone numbers, I get "This number does not take messages" and hangs up. I've learned they will do whatever it takes to get out of paying to help the consumer and pass the buck! In short, an attorney's firm in Illinois has my case.

·
KOG
7,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
The continuing soap opera of Stellantis zone rep who needs to be fired. A week ago Customer Care told me that rep had agreed to call me and find a dealer to do rebuild. Instead he dumped the call on the Commerce manager. Commerce called and we agreed to have the car hauled back to Athens who supposedly now had a level three tech. Today I get another call from Commerce. Athens does NOT have a level three tech, they can do a reman R&R. Where do I want the car taken now? Rep is notably silent in all of this. Now we're going to try Akin in Winder, a huge Chrysler/Dodge/RAM/Jeep/Ford/Lincoln dealer.

For the suggestion that I contact the zone rep: Have you been reading the prior posts? Even the dealers have no direct contact with this guy. They call a call center who then relays the call to the rep who may or may not bother to respond.

[email protected]#$%^&!!!!!

I think I'm done with doing business with Peugeot. And I suggest that anyone else also carefully consider doing business with them in the future.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had an opposite experience with the lifetime warranty - 2009 chrysler 300 with 2.7 motor. At around 120,000 miles starting throwing misfire codes and coolant level dropping with no leaks. Dealer confirmed my diagnosis of head gasket leak. They pulled heads , found one cracked and worn camshaft . Said parts not available and they can't use aftermarket parts so they installed a new motor. No questions asked , didn't even ask me to see my service records /receipts as I do all repairs myself and the car had never been to the dealer.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I think I'm done with doing business with Peugeot. And I suggest that anyone else also carefully consider doing business with them in the future.
🤣Do you seriously think that after this short a period that Stellantis Corporate is the cause of the problems in Auburn Hills? From everything I've seen on here and elsewhere, the problems in Auburn Hills were there long before this last merger.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts