Allpar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the parts I needed to install new struts on my 87 Sundance. I memorized the instructions in the manual, as well as the ones included in the parts kit. Popped the old strut off, assembled the new one, and tried to pop it in. The strut sits about 1/4 lower than the steering knuckle. I can't fit the spring compressor in to compress the spring to give me the correct height. Any tips? Have I missed something not covered in the manual?

·
Registered
218 Posts
In case you happen to have anti-roll bar - I don't know about Sundance - it forces the lower control arm with steering knuckle upwards in case you have not jacked up the other side. Manual tells to unbolt the anti-roll bar first but I tend to jack up both sides instead. Just a quess if this is the case...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doh! The swaybar, of course! It's not mentioned in the manual, but it's obvious now that you've told me. Got the suspension in now. Thanks for the help, RaiRai!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I did the same thing 2 years ago with my '88 Aries - had only 1 wheel in the air. 1 of the guys at work reminded me to raise both sides, then all was good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts