Allpar Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11,099 Posts
Some things at Advance Auto can be quite expensive. I only use them when I can get a 30% or 40% coupon on line and then order online for pickup at the local store. It works for a lot of items but for these quick struts, Rock Auto will likely have a better deal, even if they charge as much as $50 to ship it. You can also always find a 5% off coupon for Rock Auto online.

Example: I just bought new brake pads for my 1996 G Voyager. The local Advance store charges $33.95 for the Wearever Gold pads. I found an online coupon for $10 off any online order of $30 or more. My pads cost $23.95 plus tax and I picked them up within 20 minutes at my local store using the order online - pickup at local store system. Just by using the computer to find the coupon and make the order, I saved about 30%.

In this case, I would not likely have saved any money by mail ordering, but that is not always true. You have to plan ahead and shop around. I was only rotating the tires when I noticed the pads were about 7/8 of the way worn down, so getting them immediately was really worth it in this case (i.e. no planning ahead because I didn't know they were worn that bad).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.