Allpar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After all the work yesterday, making sure of the timing marks, etc, combined with discovering that my EGR valve had stuck open...the car is running great now.

What a relief...that was a wonderful sound when the egr unpopped. I knew I had found something at last. Put it all back together, and the car runs better than it ever has, with more power.

So now, I have new timing belt, freshened vac lines, repaired a few wiring issues, new plugs, plug wires, cap and rotor, clean fuel injector, clean IAC motor. Should be good to go for awhile.

Thanks to all those who helped. I learned alot, and I hope to actually retain what I've learned. I don't know what I would do without Allpar!

Reactions: djsamuel

·
Virginia Gentleman
14,672 Posts
Glad you finally resolved the problem. I know it can be frustrating.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Glad to hear it worked out for you, even if it was a long way getting there. :)
Also, thanks for sharing your experience. It helps everybody and that is what this board is about.

·
Super Moderator
31,981 Posts
Excellent job, Russ. It can be very frustrating putting all that time into it.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Excellent job, Russ. It can be very frustrating putting all that time into it.
That is why I enjoy reading these threads. I always learn a lot and it is amazing when I'm working on a car, how much the info I get from this site saves me a ton of time and money.

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
Congratulations Russ. Did you get all the parts transferred back to the LeBaron and how's it running now?

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lebaron is running fine, except it needs an egr valve when I can get to it. Just a rough idle every now and then. Otherwise it is running fine.

Daytona was perfecto on the 50 mile round trip commute today. Very easy starting, smooth running and better power and throttle response than she's had in a long time.

Thanks again to everyone for all the advice!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts