Allpar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,936 Posts
Excellent haul there, Tannon!

B body Cordoba specific stuff; like 1973-77 Old Cutlass parts, are becoming real thin on the ground these days.

·
Premium Member
13,936 Posts
valiant67 said:
All of these cars were made in Windsor from 1975-1979, likely they could build the Charger, Magnum and Cordoba all at once. The differences like fenders, trunk lids and bumpers just meant there were a few more piles of parts along the assembly line. I always heard the 1978 Charger was just in case the Magnum styling flopped with the public. Or that they had too many of the old parts with the restyle of the Cordoba. I think the Cordoba restyle in 1978 was to catch up with the Chevy Monte Carlo that went from round headlights to stacked square headlights a few years earlier.

I'm surprised that 1977 in the junkyard had a 9.25" axle, even with the 400 most had the 8.25" axle.
That does surprise me since I figured that all big block Mopar passenger vehicles after the 8 3/4" rear end went away would have the 9 1/4" as standard with it being optional on the 360 and smaller motors.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.