Allpar Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if it was discussed in a forum or have any suggestions on repairing the T-top seal with the headliner felt on it? I have the typical orange rubber part showing and I don't want to remove the top moldings etc. The T-tops do not leak so I don't want to disturb it. I just want to somehow repair the top seal with the felt and make it look good.

Thanks,

Jason

·
Registered
314 Posts
I haven't pulled mine out yet, but from what I've read, the rubber moulding around the t-top openings on the inside of the car pull right out, and are not part of the sealing of the t-tops at all.

Pull those out, unscrew the light, and the visors, and I believe the headliner panel comes right out. Careful though, I've also heard of people snapping the board in half since it is so fragile in the center section.

·
Administrator
29,620 Posts
If you're talking about the 'J' channel which holds the headliner cloth to the t-top open it just sits there. I need to locate some replacements for mine. Mine are too short and don't cover all the way around. It's not pretty.

·
Registered
314 Posts

·
Administrator
29,620 Posts
Interesting find on the J channel. I would like to have more information on these. For example, for that price does it come enough for both sides or only one side? Also, what are the dimensions? Is it a direct replacement?

I suspect that it would be a direct replacement because Cars and Concepts probably didn't use a special part unique to the Daytona.

Any thoughts?

EDIT:

After reading/scanning the posts I found that you must buy one for each side and that they are exactly the same as the Daytona per the posted reports. Bummer. I'm not excited about spending $50 for J channel. I'll see what we do from here.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Yeah, unfortunatley it is per side. Given that it fit Mustangs though, there are probably a hundred vendors selling it, so you may be able to find another vendor with a cheaper price. Let me know if you do, I may be in the market for some quite soon.

But from what I've heard, direct replacement. It's possible that they make it a bit long as a trim-to-fit item though. I imagine you're right, it probably came on a big roll to Cars and Concepts, and they cut the correct length for the cars they modded.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The seals that I referring to are the ones that go under the moldings around the t-tops and held on by rivets. When the t-tops are on the "grey" colored part of the seal is visible between the glass and the moldings. The orange rubber is what was inside the grey felt that has worn away. I don't think I am referring to the J channel you are mentioning.
Thanks

·
Registered
314 Posts
Ahh. When you mentioned the headliner, I thought you were talking about the headliner material having come down, leaving the yellow/orange backing material (or what's left of it) behind.

I haven't replaced my T-top felt seals, so I'm not much help there.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Talk to shelbymopar89 on turbo-mopar.com. He has found an alternate source for these and believe he is still selling them. I got mine from him a year or two ago.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts