Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weird.....despite advertising for today, there is no video available. Deadlines to Fiat/Chrysler must be similar to the Pirate's Code........

http://youtu.be/b6kgS_AwuH0

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,997 Posts
noticed. I went looking for it a few hours ago.. xD

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
Well, now wait a minute.

Today we saw lots of links to reviews from automotive outlets across the country, talking about their experience with the new KL Cherokee along Hell's Revenge in Moab.

Perhaps what was being referred to was the fact that embargo was lifted on those reviews today.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
LeeRyder said:
Maybe the Cherokee's face broke the camera lense...
Clearly not... As there are pictures of it in the review.

Mike

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stratuscaster said:
Well, now wait a minute.Today we saw lots of links to reviews from automotive outlets across the country, talking about their experience with the new KL Cherokee along Hell's Revenge in Moab.Perhaps what was being referred to was the fact that embargo was lifted on those reviews today.
You are asserting that you believe the 22 second preview clip, displaying all "offroad" shots and specifically geared to the Trailhawk model, was posted to let people know they would be able to read reviews from unarmed media sources on that day?

Come on Strat, continually cheering the underdog is only fun as long as the underdog tries.....

·
Registered
138 Posts
unclejjg said:
You are asserting that you believe the 22 second preview clip, displaying all "offroad" shots and specifically geared to the Trailhawk model, was posted to let people know they would be able to read reviews from unarmed media sources on that day?

Come on Strat, continually cheering the underdog is only fun as long as the underdog tries.....
I dunno, I thought that was a pretty good explanation of the situation.

It could also be like those YouTube horror ARGs where they don't post the latest Slenderman videos until midnight so it's truly scary... only instead of the Slenderman we get Cherokee sightings... :lol:

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
LeeRyder said:
This humor thing really isn't meant to be so complicated...
I actually like the Cherokee.
I got the humor of it... Just tired of the dead horse beating I guess.

Mike

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
At first I also thought it meant a video was being released. But then again, look at the title. "Tales of the Trailhawk". Maybe they did simply mean the articles were coming out.

·
Super Moderator
3,522 Posts
"The Jeep Cherokee Tales campaign showcases the capability story of the all-New 2014 Jeep Cherokee conquering Moab and the Rubicon Trail. The 2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk is featured traversing each and every obstacle these trails offer. Watch raw capability footage, engineering interviews, behind-the-scenes, and more... while the 2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk masters each of the five Trail Rated capability elements."

Jeep Cherokee’s proven capability is highlighted in the “Cherokee Tales” webisodes. These videos will be promoted through Jeep.com, social media, and CRM.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Mike V. said:
I got the humor of it... Just tired of the dead horse beating I guess.
Mike
Well, at least you admit it's a dead horse... ;)

Reactions: LeeRyder

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
CJDsalespro said:
I am disappointed that the video is still not available ...somebody really dropped the ball.....
Jeep.com still says August 14.

·
Banned
3,474 Posts
Why am I not surprised?...
They are probably still editing the "raw footage" ;)

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
From my experience with IT guys, they are probably still working on the Web Page and debugging it.

or its done and they haven't upload and made it live.

Vacation day or lunch break... :p

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
MoparNorm said:
Well, at least you admit it's a dead horse... ;)
:lol:

Mike

·
Mopar Guru!
12,767 Posts
The reason why, is because they are trying to make sure the vehicle is a 100% before they let people drive it. A lot rides on this vehicle to come to market. They want a more successful launch then the Dart. Especially when the market this vehicle will competing in is one of the most sold niches in America right now. New engines, transmissions, four wheel drive systems, and etc are being ironed out on a daily basis. Chrysler has been putting so much work into these things that they have been sending out more of their vehicle testing for other vehicles like the Ram ProMaster and Ram Heavy Dutys to Roush. Everyday I pass more Cherokee pre-production vehicles than you could imagine. Here is one from yesterday on Long Lake Road near Telegraph Road...

Still no badges, and note this one has been really rough testing because of the damage to the rear bumper on the driver side.

redriderbob

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
redriderbob said:
The reason why, is because they are trying to make sure the vehicle is a 100% before they let people drive it. A lot rides on this vehicle to come to market. They want a more successful launch then the Dart. Especially when the market this vehicle will competing in is one of the most sold niches in America right now. New engines, transmissions, four wheel drive systems, and etc are being ironed out on a daily basis. Chrysler has been putting so much work into these things that they have been sending out more of their vehicle testing for other vehicles like the Ram ProMaster and Ram Heavy Dutys to Roush. Everyday I pass more Cherokee pre-production vehicles than you could imagine. Here is one from yesterday on Long Lake Road near Telegraph Road...

Still no badges, and note this one has been really rough testing because of the damage to the rear bumper on the driver side.

redriderbob
The reason why WHAT? The video, one would assume, has already been shot. The fact that they are still working out the kinks in a vehicle has nothing to do with posting "offroad video" that is likely weeks old, and promised yesterday..........unless they are doctoring the hell out of it.

Credibility = http://youtu.be/Gq_bjaI0NTo

·
Mopar Guru!
12,767 Posts
unclejjg said:
The reason why WHAT? The video, one would assume, has already been shot. The fact that they are still working out the kinks in a vehicle has nothing to do with posting "offroad video" that is likely weeks old, and promised yesterday..........unless they are doctoring the hell out of it.

Credibility = http://youtu.be/Gq_bjaI0NTo
You can watch this old video then, until the time arrives...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvSlfCAFDW8

1 - 20 of 68 Posts