Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carlos Tavares, Chief Executive Officer, Stellantis
“Stellantis, A World Leader in Sustainable Mobility”
Carlos Tavares, Chief Executive Officer, Stellantis, will host a digital press conference celebrating the formation of Stellantis to be followed by a media Q&A, Tuesday, January, 19th
·9:40 a.m. EST/3:40 p.m. CET – Digital Press Conference and Media Q&A Session
Webcast Link
https://channel.royalcast.com/landingpage/stellantis-en/20210119_2/
Languages available: English, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Watching now!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lots of chatter about electrification, hybrids, restoring brands and "sister cars" which probably means French cars sold over here as Chryslers. He made it very clear it makes more sense to restore the brands that are here versus introducing new ones.

·
Registered
13,028 Posts
I am very excited about the future possibilities!

We will find out more in September when the strategy is revealed.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Lots of chatter about electrification, hybrids, restoring brands and "sister cars" which probably means French cars sold over here as Chryslers. He made it very clear it makes more sense to restore the brands that are here versus introducing new ones.
He was pretty specific what "sister car" means. It might be genetically French, Italian, American, even some combination, but a fraternal and not identical twin, or where platforms are shared across vehicle types, merely siblings (i.e. Chrysler CUV from a Peugeot sedan). IOW: No badge engineering. He used Opel Corsa and Peugeot 208 as an example. Practically twins under the metal, but very distinctive.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
He was pretty specific what "sister car" means. It might be genetically French, Italian, American, even some combination, but a fraternal and not identical twin, or where platforms are shared across vehicle types, merely siblings (i.e. Chrysler CUV from a Peugeot sedan). IOW: No badge engineering. He used Opel Corsa and Peugeot 208 as an example. Practically twins under the metal, but very distinctive.
Opel Corsa and Pug 208 are very bad example. So he later switched comparison to Pug 3008, DS7 Crossback and Citroen C5 Aircross.

One encouraging point is the position of Harald Wester at the new company.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Opel Corsa and Pug 208 are very bad example. So he later switched comparison to Pug 3008, DS7 Crossback and Citroen C5 Aircross.

One encouraging point is the position of Harald Wester at the new company.
I must've missed the comparison change. Might've been one of the few things I wasn't doing a "Vulcan Mind Meld" with Tavares on during the presser. I'm waiting for the media interpretation. Should be interesting.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I must've missed the comparison change. Might've been one of the few things I wasn't doing a "Vulcan Mind Meld" with Tavares on during the presser. I'm waiting for the media interpretation. Should be interesting.
Regardless of what he said, there will be plant closures, there will be lay-offs but it sounds like Dodge and Chrysler will be getting some much needed attention. They know the NA market is vital to their survival and he even admitted they didn't have the funds to invest in all their brands, but now they do. Should be interesting, just like it was back in 2009-2012 when Chrysler was cranking out new product left right and center.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Regardless of what he said, there will be plant closures, there will be lay-offs but it sounds like Dodge and Chrysler will be getting some much needed attention. They know the NA market is vital to their survival and he even admitted they didn't have the funds to invest in all their brands, but now they do. Should be interesting, just like it was back in 2009-2012 when Chrysler was cranking out new product left right and center.
Oh, of that, I really have no doubt. I just have to agree with Tavares that without the merger and economies of scale, the blue collar job losses would have been much worse. I think more of the job losses that we will see at first are non-production redundancies. He pointed out the fallacy that I think Tom Gale is mentioned here on Allpar as having pointed out long ago, that production labor costs (10%) are not even in the top level of money issues that need to be addressed. The real money issues are in the other 90%.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Sadly, if Chrysler had a very good CUV and a revamped 300, they could get by for a time. Dodge needs their cars revamped as well, but not impossible.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Glad to hear it, but it's going to be a long 5+ years waiting on new product to hit the roads for brands like Chrysler (speaking specifically about product not already in development).

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Correct - Chrysler vehicles are coming, but the first vehicle is not going to happen for another 2 years, at minimum.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Correct - Chrysler vehicles are coming, but the first vehicle is not going to happen for another 2 years, at minimum.
Have you seen brand grouping? It seems that Dodge come first. It says Synergy Referent next to it. Hmh...

·
Registered
864 Posts
Have you seen brand grouping? It seems that Dodge come first. It says Synergy Referent next to it. Hmh...
Synergy Referent is clearly talking about the person, not the brand.
  • Core
    • Citroën: Vincent COBEE
    • Fiat & Abarth: Olivier FRANCOIS Synergies Referent & Global Chief Marketing Officer
  • Upper mainstream
    • Opel & Vauxhall: Michael LOHSCHELLER
    • Peugeot: Linda JACKSON Synergies Referent
  • Premium
    • Alfa Romeo: Jean-Philippe IMPARATO Synergies Referent
    • DS: Béatrice FOUCHER
    • Lancia: Luca NAPOLITANO
  • Global SUV
    • Jeep: Christian MEUNIER Synergies Referent
  • American Brands
    • Chrysler: Timothy KUNISKIS Interim
    • Dodge: Timothy KUNISKIS Synergies Referent
    • RAM: Mike KOVAL

So it is Kuniskis who will decide how to platform share and put Chrysler Dodge and Ram on PSA platforms, Christian Muenier for Jeep, Jean-Philippe Imparato for Alfa, DS and Lancia, Linda Jackson for Peugeot and Opel, and Olivier Francois for Fiat and Citroen. Maserati has no Synergies Referent because there will be no Maseratis on PSA FWD platforms.

·
Registered
13,028 Posts
My take is that the named person is also part of a "Synergies" team that plans common architecture and processes for all brands.
I agree.

It is the leader of that brand group that ensures the next generation platform includes the needs of the brands in that group.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts