Allpar Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
I think he included SUVs in "cars."
I most certainly did not. Small and midsize SUV sales are over 2 million each. Add over 1 million small and midsize cars to that number for the total. Cars are not dying, large cars are on the endangered species list.

SUVs are trucks, but some crossovers are cars, not SUVs.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I most certainly did not. Small and midsize SUV sales are over 2 million each. Add over 1 million small and midsize cars to that number for the total. Cars are not dying, large cars are on the endangered species list.

SUVs are trucks, but some crossovers are cars, not SUVs.
That was my assumption, but while you were being quoted in that comment, it was KrisW I was referring to, whom YOU were quoting.

·
Registered
864 Posts
That was my assumption, but while you were being quoted in that comment, it was KrisW I was referring to, whom YOU were quoting.
Understood.

Even if you count large SUVs there were only 356,545 large SUVs sold in the US in 2019 and 256,604 large cars sold. Combine the large cars and SUVs and you still don't reach small or midsize car numbers.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Understood.

Even if you count large SUVs there were only 356,545 large SUVs sold in the US in 2019 and 256,604 large cars sold. Combine the large cars and SUVs and you still don't reach small or midsize car numbers.
*cheap car numbers. The are leaving a huge hole for affordable new cars, and it'll be filled.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts