Allpar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many, many years ago I sent Dave pics of the 1976 440 RB engine that I salvaged from an Imperial that a
friend gave me with a blown trans.
This was a very special engine because it was one of the last with all forged internal components, pistons, rods,
& the crank.
One of its most important features in the block were its "dog-bone" water passages. These were only in those blocks
intended for HD use, the big cars, motorhomes, etc.
I sent pics of those features to Dave, but can only find the complete engine pics I also sent to him.
Are the others gone?
Why is this water-passage feature not mentioned in the write-ups on these engines?---- Only
the changeover to a cast crank is mentioned!
What happened to the other info?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dave said:
I lost some messages and info years ago during an email change. There's also a lot of stuff in the queue from various years that I just can't seem to get back to. There's too much for me...
Dave,
I dug thru my archives, and finally found the reprints of the stuff that I originally sent you, from various sources, which do not reveal on the reprints!
Would you want this info again?
It is mainly stuff that I collected on the 440 RB engines from the mid-seventies, early eighties. Let me know.
Bob

Several of the articles that I have are on hopping up the 440, up to 563hp, for street use!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dave I found my file with the pics of the "dog-bone" block and the part nos'
How can I send you this info? I've lost your e-mail direct address.
Send me a note please to :[removed for spam prevention]
Thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the comeback Dave. I have sent you 2 pics, pertaining to 440 blocks and some build info.
I have more, but I'd have to scan it and add to the file. Advise me please.
Some of it is from the defunct Mopar magazine.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the comeback Dave. I have sent you 2 pics, pertaining to 440 blocks and some build info.
I have more, but I'd have to scan it and add to the file. Advise me please.
Some of it is from the defunct Mopar magazine.
Hey Dave, have not received any acknowledgement from you. Did you get the pics o.k.?
I got a refusal note from webmaster saying items were refused as spam. What happened?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts