Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my parents decided they are trading the Commander in on a Dart Limited. They want Red Line red with the charcoal leather 2.0 and automatic. The car must have navi and the racetrack lights. Dad also wants the technology package, is it worth it? When they go to the dealer, they will have to trade cars to get the exact car they want...

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
It all depends on what you value. The $1000 or the convenience. I'm not sure I'd buy it myself, but the smart beam headlamps and blind spot system might be worth it just because of the possible increase in safety (I'm not all too sure that they really do too much in terms of makings tuff safer but it might be.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Their Commander has Smart Beams and Rain Sense and the back up sensors. They want to keep as much as possible. I think if the dealer won't arrange a trade, they will just go to a different dealer...

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So we're going tonight to deal on a car. A couple things have to happen first. They give good trade-in on the commander and they get the car my parents want that has the options in redline. Will post pictures, and maybe do a write up about dealer experience and the car if it all goes good... Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After having a Fusion rental for 4 days and a Cruze for 2 days, and the 5 mins spent playing with uconnect after picking my Sebring from the dealer body shop. Uconnect is a bit easier to use than sync and I don't care for my link or whatever GM calls it because no Bluetooth audio. Mom says the car has to have navigation so they aren't at the mercy of taking the portable garmin off the Goldwing and they aren't at the mercy of google maps or apple maps or cellular connection. The funny thing is the Dart has more lux options than the Commander... Irony at its best, or Nickle and Daimler penny pinching?

·
Registered
435 Posts
The blindspot monitoring and rear crosspath detection aren't needed, but they are kind of handy. If you are already very aware of your surroundings, it doesn't help that much. I am slowly getting used to the blind spot indicators.
The ParkSense really isn't that critical, because they will have the rear-view camera, but it is an extra safety measure with audible cues.
For me and my wife, the push button start is very nice. She can leave all of her keys in her purse, and take either car (Dart or Charger) without having to dig through her purse for them, and then differentiate between the two vehicles. Just walk up, touch the handle, get in, and push the button.

As Sir Moses said, they need to decide if the convenience is worth the price. To some it might be, to others it is a waste of money.

·
Administrator
35,284 Posts
The funny thing is the Dart has more lux options than the Commander
It's when the electronics architecture was designed. Dart has the very latest. The 200 has fewer features/options because they didn't bother swapping in a new electronics setup on a car whose life is limited. The 300 doesn't have all the features of the Dart, either -- the 7" screen in the dash isn't there yet. I prefer the idea of debuting things when they're ready, rather than doing it top-down.

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
I'd go for it, but I like toys :)

Plus the keyless ignition is pretty convenient IMO

·
Super Moderator
36,938 Posts
To me the technology package is a no brainer. It has many of the features that my Challenger is missing compared to my old 300C. Had a package like this been on the Challenger I would have grabbed it.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So they got want they wanted out of their 07 Commander Limited 4x4. The closest car they to what they wanted was in South Carolina... So they decided they didn't need the HID headlights. The Dealer in Wabash is getting one with out of Greenwood Indiana. They decided on the 1.4 and the DDCT in redline, black leather sunroof technology, premium package, nav and polished wheels. WOOO! Props to Wabash Valley Chrysler in Wabash Indiana for impressing me twice within a week!

Reactions: Dave Z

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well they got LOADED except HID Limited. We test drive a Rallye Turbo... It was NICE sounding. The engine would cackle the exhaust was nice going down the road. But do the DDCT equipped ones come with Kuhmo tires instead of the Contis? Dad wants to end up putting on low rolling restiance tires on for mileage down the road. It was worth the extra $1300 for the turbo because the combined number was 5mpg higher than the 2.0...

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
He couldn't/didn't want to wait for the Aero?
They wanted to get rid of the Commander ASAP. And I don't think you could get some of the Limited options on the Aero. That 1 mpg combined or the $50 savings in gas a year wasn't worth it. I'm just excited that they got a awesome car!!!!

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
He couldn't/didn't want to wait for the Aero?
I don't think you can get the LImited options (leather, etc) on the Aero

Those seemed to be key items in this purchase.

Congrats to your parents!! Post up some pictures if you can!

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't think you can get the LImited options (leather, etc) on the Aero

Those seemed to be key items in this purchase.

Congrats to your parents!! Post up some pictures if you can!
They won't take delivery until tomorrow or Monday.

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
I just wasn't sure why he'd want to trade standard tires for the LRR tires chasing (IMHO) a small MPG gain at the potential expense of handling and ride comfort.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts