Allpar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys my 2000 Grand Caravan's air temp door motor quit and is stuck in cold (and just before winter wouldnt you know it) I have separate driver and passenger air temp, the passenger will blow hot but the drivers side will stay cold, where is the motor located so I can disassemble it to make sure nothing fell into the air vent or replace the motor if necessary?

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
Hey A.j., I've been through my Haynes manual and can't find anything in it about the motor location. However, I'm sure it's under the dash looking at the wiring schematic. It shows that there is a dark blue with pink stripe wire that goes to the a/c zone door actuator. There is also a dark blue wire, a dark blue with gray stripe, a light green one, and a pink with dark blue wire. Next is the blend door actuator. It has a dark blue wire with red stripe, dark blue with white stripe, dark blue with gray stripe, red with white stripe and also the pink with dark blue stripe. The mode door actuator shows to have a dark blue with white stripe, dark green with yellow stripe, dark blue with gray stripe, yellow wire and a pink with dark blue stripe. Next comes the recirculation door actuator. It has a gray with dark blue stripe and a dark blue with white stripe. Last in line is the evaporator temp sensor. It also only has two wires. Dark blue with gray stripe and dark blue with orange stripe. I don't know if any of that helps you or not, but at least you have what wires go where under the dash. Maybe you can locate it by tracing the wires.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the help chuzz, was able to find it, for future viewers both temperature blend motors are located on the drivers side to the right and above the gas pedal, which in my case were colored white and stood out amongst the black air ducting. For each motor they have a single 5 wire connector plugging into them

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
No problem, A.J. The big question is whether or not you got the problem solved.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For me diagnostically I did this: having rear A/C I knew that the driver's temp control also controlled the rear unit, switching between hot and cold made the rear unit perform correctly, I then was able to verify the motor was bad by plugging in the connector from the drivers side (broken side) into the passenger side motor. Since the passenger motor moved when I asked it to now using the driver's temp switch I knew there was nothing wrong with wiring verifying that the motor was in face burnt up. Since the temperature blend door motors are identical for both sides I have only fixed it temporarily by swapping the good motor to actuate the driver's side until my younger brother can send me another motor from the junk yard next weekend :)

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
Hey, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do! My dad taught me to use what you have if you don't have what you need.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts