Allpar Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just became the proud owner of a 2006 PT Cruiser Limited Edition Turbo with 21,000 original miles, looking forward to seeing what people are doing to them and would like some direction for mods, I planned on getting 1025cc injectors, a 2.5" cat back exhaust and a diablosport tuner, from everything I've googled it led me here as far as finding someone to get the tune from.

Luis Reyes from Cleveland, OH

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Welcome to Allpar.. you have a lot of reading to do to catch up on the mods done by owners on this forum, very popular those there PT's. There's even someone who can work wonders with the computer on your PT for all those future upgrades. ENJOY eh!

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I will in the next couple days, getting her washed up tomorrow!
I don't have a turbo, but forum member myckee does wonders with PT PCM's, he has helped many PT owners, he may be able to help you with a replacement to get a little more "fun" out of your PT.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can attest to the above on the PCM’s from myckee. I just purchased one with the stage1 upgrade. My 05 GT vert has never performed better. Even gets better mpg &I’m not exactly kind to my PT.
There is lots of info &help here. Welcome.
I'm pretty stoked about it, myckee and I have been in contact, had to purchase an ecm for him to program, going to be shipping it to him as soon as I get it in my hands!

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
That's a nice ride :cool:

How did you find such a low mileage beauty?

Very clean so it must have spent a lot of time garaged.

But you're going to hear it sooner or later, but a low mileage car is almost a curse, things wear out or deteriorate from little to no use.

For instance, your PT is way overdue for the timing belt change, you have to go by time in the maintenance schedule and not mileage.

And when you get ready to have that work done, there are a few other things that should be replaced while the area is opened up.

But I hope you get to enjoy it for a long time :cool:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's a nice ride :cool:

How did you find such a low mileage beauty?

Very clean so it must have spent a lot of time garaged.

But you're going to hear it sooner or later, but a low mileage car is almost a curse, things wear out or deteriorate from little to no use.

For instance, your PT is way overdue for the timing belt change, you have to go by time in the maintenance schedule and not mileage.

And when you get ready to have that work done, there are a few other things that should be replaced while the area is opened up.

But I hope you get to enjoy it for a long time :cool:

I'll keep that in mind! It's a one owner car that spend biannual visits to the lady's service center, she was admitted to long term care and her son listed the car for sale. I almost feel guilty that it's going to be a car I bought to drive in the winter it's almost too nice to drive period.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I'll keep that in mind! It's a one owner car that spend biannual visits to the lady's service center, she was admitted to long term care and her son listed the car for sale. I almost feel guilty that it's going to be a car I bought to drive in the winter it's almost too nice to drive period.
The son should have kept it, if not for himself, for any children he might have.

But his loss is your gain :cool:

·
Registered
8,803 Posts
Wow! If I had one that looks that nice, I'd be very tempted to throw all the stuff out of my garage just so I could keep it inside. The chrome door spears add a touch of class to them, I think. It's a shame you'll just make that a daily driver, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow! If I had one that looks that nice, I'd be very tempted to throw all the stuff out of my garage just so I could keep it inside. The chrome door spears add a touch of class to them, I think. It's a shame you'll just make that a daily driver, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

She'll be a very pampered daily, washed at least twice a week to prevent any damage.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts