Allpar Forums banner
261 - 280 of 312 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Given how little time she has had in the role and how Iaococca probably was able to mention things because they were well into their development, I think we need to be a little more patient. For a brand that seemingly has nothing in the pipeline for years to then form a vision and start working towards it I would think will take more time than you’re expecting…

·
Premium Member
2002 Ram 2500 Quad Cab 4x4 with Cummins. 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Altitude
4,966 Posts
Given how little time she has had in the role and how Iaococca probably was able to mention things because they were well into their development, I think we need to be a little more patient. For a brand that seemingly has nothing in the pipeline for years to then form a vision and start working towards it I would think will take more time than you’re expecting…
You're probably right. I guess I was hoping that when she finally spoke she would give a different perspective then the dribble we've been fed that seems like forever from the crack management team from the former FCA NA. I guess I expect way too much change.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Exactly this. Christine is starting from ground zero instead of years into development of future product. Honestly 4 years time is quite quick from a vehicle development standpoint so I know she and the team are working as fast possible. Let's hope they can steer clear of any significant delays.

·
Premium Member
2002 Ram 2500 Quad Cab 4x4 with Cummins. 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Altitude
4,966 Posts
Well if they had an entry level brand Chrysler could be that, but Dodge would have to go back to that point since Plymouth.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I specifically said “yes, I understand some products may compete in the same segment though” because I knew you’d respond. Unlike Chrysler, Cadillac is getting product like a flagship “ultra luxury” sedan (Celestiq) that is that is firmly in the $100k+ territory and a BOF EV (Escalade) that will also be in the $100k+ arena. They consider themselves a luxury brand.
It's gonna be more expensive than anything we have sold as a production company outside of Ferarri and maybe Maserati if the rumors are to be true

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Exactly this. Christine is starting from ground zero instead of years into development of future product. Honestly 4 years time is quite quick from a vehicle development standpoint so I know she and the team are working as fast possible. Let's hope they can steer clear of any significant delays.
4 years is slow in today's world, They should be able to have something on the road in 2-3 years max with the way ev platforms should work, perfect example is the hummer even though the virus pushed back the launch getting to customers hands from May to December of 2021

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
4 years is slow in today's world, They should be able to have something on the road in 2-3 years max with the way ev platforms should work, perfect example is the hummer even though the virus pushed back the launch getting to customers hands from May to December of 2021
You’re missing a key element here. GM’s Ultium platform is ready for the Hummer to utilize. The Hummer itself was developed quickly but the platform has been under development for much longer than 2 years. As the Chrysler CEO mentioned, the new Chrysler model will be ready as soon as the platform development is complete (namely the battery tech).

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
You’re missing a key element here. GM’s Ultium platform is ready for the Hummer to utilize. The Hummer itself was developed quickly but the platform has been under development for much longer than 2 years. As the Chrysler CEO mentioned, the new Chrysler model will be ready as soon as the platform development is complete (namely the battery tech).
They have plenty of platforms to use, there is no excuse

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
They have plenty of platforms to use, there is no excuse
Yes......but THOSE platforms were designed and developed for use with ICE.

In order to get out its pickup truck a bit sooner, "The Blue Oval" took a big short-cut by just simply shoe-horning an electric motor and a bunch of batteries into an existing F-150.
Yes......you can do it that way, but you will NOT end up with an optimal product.

A clean sheet design, by its very definition, will take longer and cost more.

Not an easy truth......but a simple one.

·
Banned
3,138 Posts
Well if they had an entry level brand Chrysler could be that, but Dodge would have to go back to that point since Plymouth.
Dodge was that brand from 1960 to 2016. Only going on 6 years of Fiat heresy now and FCA has been dead for a full year. A little blip in the grand scheme of things Dodge, and you can't really set a new course by simply dropping product and turning up the boost on what's left.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Yes......but THOSE platforms were designed and developed for use with ICE.

In order to get out its pickup truck a bit sooner, "The Blue Oval" took a big short-cut by just simply shoe-horning an electric motor and a bunch of batteries into an existing F-150.
Yes......you can do it that way, but you will NOT end up with an optimal product.

A clean sheet design, by its very definition, will take longer and cost more.

Not an easy truth......but a simple one.
And it's wrking for them, it got their truck out into the publc hands and eyes before the true all electric platform that the Silverado is using. All of chrysler should have taken that approach with how far behind they are. In normal fashion ram is late to the party and Chrysler is still waiting for its invitation. At some point you gotta get something out, as it stands now they're already going to be a year or two behind everyone else.

And here there electric platform should be shown sometime this year. If Chrysleractually used their resources smartly they should have had one of if not the first electric cars out for the whole group. But instead here we are wondering why the brand deserves to die.

I'll give a little hint, not for nor gm care or are worried about what chrysler might come out with. In fact they're the laughing stock of the big three, even more so since they're supposed to be "luxury"

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
And it's wrking for them, it got their truck out into the publc hands and eyes before the true all electric platform that the Silverado is using. All of chrysler should have taken that approach with how far behind they are. In normal fashion ram is late to the party and Chrysler is still waiting for its invitation. At some point you gotta get something out, as it stands now they're already going to be a year or two behind everyone else.
All of Chrysler should’ve taken that approach? No thanks, that strategy just doesn’t work in all segments and would be a waste of money. Chrysler can’t afford to bring completely mediocre vehicles to the market at this point. This is the brand’s last chance- half baked models would just flounder in the market.

Whether RAM should’ve done this is another question, but we’re talking about the Chrysler brand specifically in this thread.

And here there electric platform should be shown sometime this year. If Chrysleractually used their resources smartly they should have had one of if not the first electric cars out for the whole group. But instead here we are wondering why the brand deserves to die.

I'll give a little hint, not for nor gm care or are worried about what chrysler might come out with. In fact they're the laughing stock of the big three, even more so since they're supposed to be "luxury"
That is not the electric platform Chrysler is using. They’re only using STLA Large. They will be one, if not the first of the brands go roll out EVs on that platform.

You have no idea whether Ford and GM care what Stellantis is putting out. Given their offerings will be hitting the market in certain segments at the same time as Stellantis, I think your statement is false.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
All of Chrysler should’ve taken that approach? No thanks, that strategy just doesn’t work in all segments and would be a waste of money. Chrysler can’t afford to bring completely mediocre vehicles to the market at this point. This is the brand’s last chance- half baked models would just flounder in the market.

Whether RAM should’ve done this is another question, but we’re talking about the Chrysler brand specifically in this thread.

That is not the electric platform Chrysler is using. They’re only using STLA Large. They will be one, if not the first of the brands go roll out EVs on that platform.

You have no idea whether Ford and GM care what Stellantis is putting out. Given their offerings will be hitting the market in certain segments at the same time as Stellantis, I think your statement is false.
So they're using another platform that gonna push back the start date, see the perfect example of using the wrong platform once again.

And how do you know what i know? All i will say is i know more about the inner working of those two them most people on this forum other than a handful. I guess their (gm and fords) offerings hitting the market a solid 1-3 years earlier sure is the "same time." :rolleyes: The mach e is already in peoples hands and the lyric will be in the next month or two. That's not counting the fact of all the cars gm has announced to be coming out, in case you missed it the same day chrysler announced/showed their first electric car chevy showed off one true model, a rendering of one, and annonced one.Oh and all three will be out ebfore the airflow. Just scroll through this list jsut to see how many cars will be beating the airflow

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
So they're using another platform that gonna push back the start date, see the perfect example of using the wrong platform once again.
How is it the wrong platform? Do tell. That platform you mentioned doesn’t support vehicles as large as what Chrysler is putting out.

No one is cheering for how long these platforms are going to take to reach that market, but Stellantis is just over a year old. We all wish PSA and FCA had started work on suitable platforms back when they were separate companies.

And how do you know what i know? All i will say is i know more about the inner working of those two them most people on this forum other than a handful. I guess their (gm and fords) offerings hitting the market a solid 1-3 years earlier sure is the "same time." :rolleyes: The mach e is already in peoples hands and the lyric will be in the next month or two. That's not counting the fact of all the cars gm has announced to be coming out, in case you missed it the same day chrysler announced/showed their first electric car chevy showed off one true model, a rendering of one, and annonced one.Oh and all three will be out ebfore the airflow. Just scroll through this list jsut to see how many cars will be beating the airflow
See, the problem here is you keep talking about the Chrysler brand vs. GM as a whole. And then at some times you’re shifting your narrative to Stellantis vs. the other big two.

A lot of the products GM and Ford are coming out with are in segments the Chrysler brand won’t even be competing in (see Blazer, Equinox). They’re definitely getting the jump in some segments vs. Stellantis but let’s not act like every single segment across GM’s lineup will have an EV entry before Stellantis product hits the market en masse starting in 2025. And even then, being 1-2 years behind doesn’t mean market death. I will bet you money GM and Ford will be tearing down whatever Stellantis EV hits the market for analysis. It’s be silly to think otherwise.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
See, the problem here is you keep talking about the Chrysler brand vs. GM as a whole. And then at some times you’re shifting your narrative to Stellantis vs. the other big two.
a c/d segment car is exactly what chrysler should be starting out with. I'm sure in chrysler fashion they'll manage to mess up the cargo capacity and have the outside be huge but the inside be worse then a small car
That's a Chrysler issue not a me issue, if Chrysler actually knew what it wanted ot be it wouldn't be a problem. Do they compete with ford or lincoln, or do they compete with chevy, Cadillac, or Buick? Because depending who you ask its all or none in some cases, that's how messed up the brand is and why they shouldn;t be sitting around and waiting to put product out 2 years after the competition.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Stellantis product hits the market en masse starting in 2025. And even then, being 1-2 years behind doesn’t mean market death.
You'd never know that from listening to the Elon Worshipers / Chinese EV OEM shills out there vomiting propaganda non-stop on YouTube.

They already have Ma Stella dead and buried!
Stellantis says politicians NOT people want EVs + more lies - YouTube

I prefer to paraphrase The Late Great Mark Twain:
"The reports of Ma Stella's death have been greatly exaggerated"!:p:D

261 - 280 of 312 Posts