Allpar Forums banner

21 - 40 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
I know nobody can really say for certain, however, if you were in the market for a new Challenger but in no hurry would you get a "50th anniversary" edition (not hellcat) or wait for the next gen?

·
Super Moderator
6,947 Posts
I know nobody can really say for certain, however, if you were in the market for a new Challenger but in no hurry would you get a "50th anniversary" edition (not hellcat) or wait for the next gen?
I’m going to take a look at getting a 2020 Charger Scat Pack next year, even without the 426. I usually want the latest, but I think the there’s also something to be said for owning the last of a generation, especially one that’s been as successful as the current Charger and Challenger.

It’s your choice.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Now that the lizard people have control othe stock market and the Illuminati have infiltrated all religions, and the passing of Sergio who was using the one ring to fend them all off, “THEY” will finally be able to kill off our beloved brands. Of which I’ve personally owned 74 of and all have been in the shop the entire time. Which is why they’re garbage. But if they build a 3000 hp world destroyer for under 27k, I’d buy one for sure!
FINALLY we have some REAL insiders on Allpar.

·
Registered
665 Posts
if things go as planned ... the Charger hellcat 2.0 wide body will be a beast ... picked up quite a bit of top end as well ... more than the Challenger Redeye did ....
Wait..............wait.......

·
Registered
667 Posts
Local dealership's site indicates a 2019 Challenger inbound, but...…. no build and price on the Dodge web-site...… wonder why? 2018's are getting to be thin picking in my area...… just curious. :)

·
Premium Member
3,331 Posts
if things go as planned ... the Charger hellcat 2.0 wide body will be a beast ... picked up quite a bit of top end as well ... more than the Challenger Redeye did ....
AWD by any chance? :)

Reactions: sickboy

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Dodge/SRT, and “those in charge” are listening to the race teams. I heard it on very good authority (A1 quality) that the next Challenger will be more aero. That goes along with what other folks have said hear.

I don’t know if that means wholesale change in looks (imagine a change as big as the 1969 Barracuda changing into the 1970 Barracuda). I don’t know what to expect for styling, Inonly know that the racing teams, and prospective racing teams, are lobbying for a car with better aerobthan the rather brickish Chally.

The current model has excellent draft, and side draft, but it loses a lot of power to drag. DF was also at issue. I would expect a little more natural (body designed) down force, al la Viper, in the next model.

Of course, being a looooooong suffering Mopar Road Racing fan, that they will design a gorgeous body, perfect for racing, and then they will never race it.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/53613...eb_unauth_id=86e9e8aafa3140649c4dd2afc1adb321

For the trouble of reading my post, Here’s a pic of Dan Gurney tailgating Sam Posey.

·
Super Moderator
6,947 Posts
The 2019 (and I assume 2020) Scat pack Widebody comes with adaptive suspension right?
Yes.

Widebody Package (AYL) – 20″X11″ Devil’s Rim Aluminum Wheels (WSC), 305/35ZR20 (107Y) All-Season Performance Tires (TYS), Adaptive Damping Suspension (SMC), Anti-Lock 4-Wheel Disc 6-Piston Brakes (BR7), Performance Shift Indicator (LA7), Pirelli Brand Tires (TZP), Widebody Competition Suspension (SDN) and Widebody Fender Flares (MML).

UPDATED: 2019 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack Options & Pricing: - Mopar Insiders (at https://moparinsiders.com/2019-dodge-challenger-r-t-scat-pack-options-pricing/ )

·
Registered
306 Posts
My midsize 2015 200 is 193" long. The midsize Giulia is 183" long. The current Charger is 198" long. My garage and I might get pretty excited about an upcoming 188" long Charger.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I wouldn't hesitate to buy a '19 or '20 current gen Challenger. I'm on my 2nd Challenger now (2010 RT & now a 2018 TA 392) and I think they are one of the best cars out there. Hellcat's & Demon's are awesome but the 392 cars really rip! I can't wait for the new cars but it's all a big unknown right now. Styling, powertrain options who knows. We know right now we have one hell of a hot rod so go buy one!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I wouldn't hesitate to buy a '19 or '20 current gen Challenger. I'm on my 2nd Challenger now (2010 RT & now a 2018 TA 392) and I think they are one of the best cars out there. Hellcat's & Demon's are awesome but the 392 cars really rip! I can't wait for the new cars but it's all a big unknown right now. Styling, powertrain options who knows. We know right now we have one hell of a hot rod so go buy one!
I really like the TA but I really want adaptive suspension and drive modes. Since the Scat Pack will now offer that I guess the question is what sets the SRT apart?

21 - 40 of 97 Posts