Allpar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Fox News: 2 paragraph story and 30 pages of comments.
Dodge’s excuse is that performance made them do it. That’s a fair statement as Tesla plaid will smoke a hellcat. There is a limit to how much power you can get out of the hellcat engine before it has a 30 day 0 mile warranty. Another site hinted at 1300+ hp capability out of dodges projected electric systems.
honestly, if In 10 years the average family sedan was leaving you in the dust in your brand new $100,000 hellcat, would you be buying one?
The government is not getting rid of land lines and cable tv.
We are.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Your average car won't have high horsepower!!
not just the horsepower, how the power is delivered…
Car and driver tested a 2000 toyota celica 1/4 mile at 13.3 seconds. Same as 1970 hemi challenger. It’s just one example, and arguing the testing won’t help. im certain the Toyota delivered that time quieter, more comfortably, using Less gas, etc. And I believe Toyota found far more customers for their car than dodge did.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
True. But for me part of the experience has always been the glorious noise associated with a high performance car, be it a Lamborghini or a 440-6 Charger R/T or a Hellcat. I love the sound of ICE and a Supercharger whine. And don't tell me they can pipe in artificial sound. I don't want that. All I know is now I really need to win the lottery before the end of the line.

To me, Teslas, no matter how fast, will always be just be a soulless appliance.
I’m not picking on you at all, but you’re profile shows you have the wrangler 4xe. Why choose that over the 392? Or the NA pentastar?
I was Very close to buying a hellcat when I got my 392. I may still buy one, when prices are right. i do love them. But I’m also very interested in what the future holds.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
They are not killing a brand (Dodge). They are not killing the Challenger name, necessarily. One engine which arguably was time-limited the day it was launched.
i did forget this. It was never supposed to be regular production at all. there were rumor mill said the v8 was on its last days. For a decade or more now. There has been a huge stay of execution. We are lucky the replacement is faster better quieter and more efficient, not smog equipped, wallowing embarrassments.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I mean they're cool but hard to be upset about losing something only rich people can buy. They'll just buy other cool toys. 🤷‍♂️
^^perfect!^^
for those who are lamenting the loss of the hellcat, how many did you purchase? Or how many are actively planning to purchase one? Boy am I sad they ceased production of the viper, but if I had 125k in Cash, I would use the money elsewhere. I was never going to be a customer with my income

1 - 5 of 5 Posts