Allpar Forums banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Jeepaholic
6,328 Posts
Like an Impossible Burger made with plants - it's FAKE.
Not fake, just a different take on something that you like, but now in a different form. You keep some of the familiar, while adapting it for something new. It may not work for some, but it will work for others. To each their own.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Sixteen years a 'good run' - - compared to only fiive for 'gen-one' Challengers. Where can you (legally) drive 700+ HP cars anyway? Lest we forget there are NO Challengers in NASCAR or (NHRA) Pro Stock - etc. Suppose good news out of all this is discontinuation of Camaros.
Having any car no matter the brand get killed off isn’t a good thing. Also gm hasn’t confirmed the camaro being killed off…..

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
37,742 Posts
Like an Impossible Burger made with plants - it's FAKE.
And yet I have no problems with the Impossible Burger. It's the best of the plant-based burgers.

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
37,742 Posts
Having any car no matter the brand get killed off isn’t a good thing. Also gm hasn’t confirmed the camaro being killed off…..
They are not killing a brand (Dodge). They are not killing the Challenger name, necessarily. One engine which arguably was time-limited the day it was launched.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
They are not killing a brand (Dodge). They are not killing the Challenger name, necessarily. One engine which arguably was time-limited the day it was launched.
i don’t expect the charger or challenger name to go anywhere, just getting moved to a new platform finally.
I’m talking about him being happy about the camaro supposedly being killed off. The more cars are killed off the higher the chance of any reasonably priced cars being killed off for all brands

·
Registered
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi Limited, 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 Laredo, 2017 Jeep Wrangler
1,199 Posts
I hope you're aware it's still a processed frozen product with many many unhealthy ingredients, including high sodium. Sure, it doesn't have animal protein, but it's still unhealthy. It's the best because it's full of sodium.
Yes, just like those lovely green EVs and their toxic batteries Great analogy.
As for me I am going to buy 392 in the next few years, used of course. No electrics for me.

Reactions: AceHanlon

·
Jeepaholic
6,328 Posts
I hope you're aware it's still a processed frozen product with many many unhealthy ingredients, including high sodium. Sure, it doesn't have animal protein, but it's still unhealthy. It's the best because it's full of sodium.
Animal meat isn’t healthy either, especially considering the links to cancer, and the environmental damage from animal agriculture. The difference is, an animal didn’t have to die to make the plant-based versions. You don’t have to like it, but many people do. The same is true for EV’s.

·
Registered
1970 Plymouth Duster 340, 2021 Jeep Wrangler 4XE
110 Posts
Also full of chemicals with unprounounceable names.

·
Jeepaholic
6,328 Posts
Yes, just like those lovely green EVs and their toxic batteries Great analogy.
As for me I am going to buy 392 in the next few years, used of course. No electrics for me.
Just like those ICE vehicles with the toxic fluids and toxic emissions?

Reactions: Tony K

·
Jeepaholic
6,328 Posts

·
Jeepaholic
6,328 Posts
Good lord, more ranting about things that people don’t like or understand. SMH.

Reactions: Tony K and tlc

·
Registered
96 Posts
Animal meat isn’t healthy either, especially considering the links to cancer, and the environmental damage from animal agriculture. The difference is, an animal didn’t have to die to make the plant-based versions. You don’t have to like it, but many people do. The same is true for EV’s.
Didn't mean to spark an argument. I don't care what people eat. Just don't like these unhealthy products being marketing and believed to be healthy when they aren't.

I eat bean burgers, I also eat rare cooked porterhouses.

·
Registered
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi Limited, 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 Laredo, 2017 Jeep Wrangler
1,199 Posts
Just like those ICE vehicles with the toxic fluids and toxic emissions?
well let's just wait, till the green revolution is in full force. What will be learned (too late but some of the europeans already know this) is a full shut down from fossil fuels will result in energy shortages that will be marked. Wind, and solar, will not cut it in a country the size of the US. So, I ask you just what alternative does that lead us back to.....need a hint...it starts with N.....and ends with R.......and resulted in the biggest environmental disasters the world has ever seen. Just ask people who lived in Ukraine and Belarus about that. The people of Harrisburg Pa, almost found this out the hard way too in 1979. And, the protests over that, closed the Shoreham Nuclear Power Plant here on Long Island NY for which we are STILL PAYING THE HIGHEST RATES IN THE NATION. We were told, it would be a great source of cheaper electricity for Long Island which was still growing then. What happened? The plant was powered up, the genius politicians realized "oh right, you can't evacuate Long Island, its an island with only 2 bridges that are constantly clogged with traffic". And they didn't know that before? The Long Island Expressway has been called the world's longest parking lot since it opened! So what happened? They built it, the plant was powered up, shut down and that was in 1984, 2 years before Chernobyl. And we are paying for it, STILL. High energy costs killed industry here on Long Island, including the aerospace industry that employed thousands there since the 1930s.
So the "green new deal" will eventually lead to a resurgence of the nuclear industry....
Can you imagine the KW hrs that will be needed when everyone has an EV? How will government fund the enormous investment in charging stations that will be needed? What about city dwellers, you know those people who don't have a 3 car garage to charge their Teslas? I see this being shoved down people's throats with very little discussion or preparation. Just watch. Because that's what happened with Shoreham, there were nuclear accidents long before that, but no one was ever told about them!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
i did forget this. It was never supposed to be regular production at all. there were rumor mill said the v8 was on its last days. For a decade or more now. There has been a huge stay of execution. We are lucky the replacement is faster better quieter and more efficient, not smog equipped, wallowing embarrassments.

·
Jeepaholic
6,328 Posts
Didn't mean to spark an argument. I don't care what people eat. Just don't like these unhealthy products being marketing and believed to be healthy when they aren't.

I eat bean burgers, I also eat rare cooked porterhouses.
Nobody is saying they’re healthy, only that they’re an alternative to animal products. The only people claiming they’re supposed to be healthy are the people who have a problem with them.

Everything in moderation. Humans eat way more meat of any variety than they need to, and it’s directly related to lots of health issues, along with excesses of sodium, carbohydrates, etc.

And this is waaaaay off topic, so I’m stopping now.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I mean they're cool but hard to be upset about losing something only rich people can buy. They'll just buy other cool toys. 🤷‍♂️
^^perfect!^^
for those who are lamenting the loss of the hellcat, how many did you purchase? Or how many are actively planning to purchase one? Boy am I sad they ceased production of the viper, but if I had 125k in Cash, I would use the money elsewhere. I was never going to be a customer with my income

·
Jeepaholic
6,328 Posts
^^perfect!^^
for those who are lamenting the loss of the hellcat, how many did you purchase? Or how many are actively planning to purchase one? Boy am I sad they ceased production of the viper, but if I had 125k in Cash, I would use the money elsewhere. I was never going to be a customer with my income
Yup, we can get whatever I want and whatever my wife wants for similar money as a new Hellcat or Demon. These are great vehicles, but not high on my wish list…and I have the money. I also have 2 kids who we‘ll eventually be putting through college. Lol.

That being said, I’m curious to see what they come up with. Maybe, just maybe it’s something that’ll make people forget ever being upset in the first place. But then again, people will complain about a sunny day….

21 - 40 of 57 Posts