Allpar Forums banner

The Grand Caravan Returns...

20K views 74 replies 28 participants last post by  keithsketchley 
#1 ·
The Grand Caravan Returns... to Canada...

(Image of Canadian Website)

The Chrysler Voyager enters the 2021 model year with a more important role than ever before, as the direct replacement for the beloved and aged Dodge Grand Caravan. Chrysler re-introduced the Voyager nameplate to the U.S. market last year, as an entry-level version of the Pacifica. The 2020 Chrysler Voyager featured a cheaper starting price than the Grand Caravan.

But in the Canadian marketplace, the Grand Caravan nameplate has proven year after year to be one of the best-selling vehicles in the nation. So it wasn’t a huge surprise when Chrysler ditched the Voyager nameplate in favor of the Grand Caravan nameplate as its entry-level van for the 2021 model year.

As an identical clone to the American 2021 Chrysler Voyager, the 2021 Chrysler Grand Caravan offers two trim-levels to the public. However, instead of dumping the trim-level names for Chrysler Pacifica themed trim-level names like “L” and “LX”, the 2021 Chrysler Grand Caravan carries over its Dodge-based trim-level names of SE and SXT.

Article

(Image of US Website.)

See less See more
#11 ·
I do like that there is a fascia differentiation to split the two models (GC/Voyager and Pacifica) however the only thing I take issue with is how they've done it. They basically made the old fascia the discount van so it pretty much devalues the resale of every 17-20 Pacifica on the road.

#31 ·
Agreed. It's somewhat reminiscent of Chrysler's merging LHS and Concorde in 2002. Suddenly, entry level Concordes began wearing the former LHS fascia, cheapening what had been the brand's highest-priced car. (As I recall, LHS was a couple of hundred dollars more expensive than 300M.)

Seeing the 300 on life support today, it's amazing to think that the Chrysler brand once offered three full-size sedans; a mid-size sedan, coupe, and convertible; sport coupe and convertible; crossover; minivan; and compact hatch and convertible.

#23 · (Edited)
Around here it's more likely to be guys racing their crotch rockets. You can hear it, and you usually read about it the next day. I had both happen back maybe 10 years ago one night, when I lived within earshot of I-65. Heard a bonehead trying to outrun the cops, ended up taking himself out and made the news. I DID find myself in the middle of a high speed police chase on Holt Road one weekend leaving the 38th Infantry Division Armory after drill. Needless to say, getting blown by on the Autobahn after that is rather anticlimactic. They at least pass you on the left.

Reactions: Morty and David S
#25 ·
The idiots in the Atlanta area will block roads, even interstate highways so they car race, or drift, or do donuts.
Personally, I think their licenses should be suspended for a few years and their cars seized. And spectators charged with felony blocking traffic. This goes on and on. Every weekend. $1000 fines are cutting it. I'm so glad I live far away from this crap. It has to be like living inside a Dodge commercial.
Images courtesy WSB-TV Atlanta:
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting
Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Car Automotive design

Image courtesy WXIA TV Atlanta:
Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Automotive lighting

#27 ·
The idiots in the Atlanta area will block roads, even interstate highways so they car race, or drift, or do donuts.
Personally, I think their licenses should be suspended for a few years and their cars seized. And spectators charged with felony blocking traffic. This goes on and on. Every weekend. $1000 fines are cutting it. I'm so glad I live far away from this crap. It has to be like living inside a Dodge commercial.
Images courtesy WSB-TV Atlanta:
View attachment 79173
View attachment 79174 :
View attachment 79175
Come on..... people in the 60’s - 70s did it too 🤷🏽‍♂️

#30 ·
If Chrysler wanted to sell more Voyager's fast (and more Grand Caravan's in Canada) they should offer the sportier design variant... similar to a Blacktop Packaged Dodge used to offer and Chrysler offers in the S. Make the more bland looking Voyager look... sportier. For a small price increase. I believe it was only a $425 dollar upgrade on the Dodge Grand Caravan's... or something extremely reasonable.

(I realize these are both not Voyagers in the photo, it's just a rough idea. Make the Voyager had blacked out trim pieces like the Pacifica S did.)

#58 ·
I could never stand the “Jelly Bean” shape. I resisted it mostly, but I had a 2001 sport, however it was nice. The 2011 I really liked the look of but it was a shock on how cheap it felt. I really hate the stow-N-go seats (for sitting). Loved the big seats in my 2001. They were awesome.
I’m not liking the exterior looks of anything Pacifica, right now.

#75 ·
Charger and 300 fit a particular mentality it seems, though where I live the 300 body was popular for transporting executives with security.

Loading height is a consideration, minivans are a higher stepup than sedans, short people may prefer sedan. However, lifting a young child out is much easier with minivan as don't have to lift upward.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.