Allpar Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,925 Posts
Sounds like reserviors were mistakenly filled with brake fluid .

Reactions: sickboy

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Hate when that happens.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Obviously the customers filled the reservoirs with brake fluid while their vehicles were at the manufacturing plant.

So it is their fault.

Signed, Ford Corporate

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Wow that bad.

Bales/Bachman in Jeffersonville, Indiana has done well.
During our recent cold snap I had our Grand Caravan in again to get the door locks/alarm looked at again because it seems to have a mind of is own. I got a call that it was ready to pick up. Website says service department is open until 6pm. I get there at 5:15pm, and the service department is locked. Go into showroom, salesman says service is closing at 5pm due to covid-19, but that isn't posted anywhere. I had a co-worker drop me off, so now I'm such at the dealer with no way home. Call my son, takes him 30 minutes to get there. Not wanting to freeze, I wait for him in the showroom and get a 30 minutes sales pitch on why I should trade my 2012 Grand Caravan for a brand new, lesser equipped 2020 Grand Caravan. Yeah, no thanks.

That's just one visit.

·
Jeepaholic
6,404 Posts
During our recent cold snap I had our Grand Caravan in again to get the door locks/alarm looked at again because it seems to have a mind of is own. I got a call that it was ready to pick up. Website says service department is open until 6pm. I get there at 5:15pm, and the service department is locked. Go into showroom, salesman says service is closing at 5pm due to covid-19, but that isn't posted anywhere. I had a co-worker drop me off, so now I'm such at the dealer with no way home. Call my son, takes him 30 minutes to get there. Not wanting to freeze, I wait for him in the showroom and get a 30 minutes sales pitch on why I should trade my 2012 Grand Caravan for a brand new, lesser equipped 2020 Grand Caravan. Yeah, no thanks.

That's just one visit.
Yeah, I think I’ve posted enough about our two local CDJR dealers...neither is all that great, but the one in Newark is awful. I’ve gotten better service at the Ford dealer, which ironically is owned by the same group as the one that owns my usual CDJR dealer. When we bought our Explorer back in October, the buying experience was excellent.

That being said, 10 or 11 recalls in one year is excessive to say the least. I think there have been 13 or so total for the 03 Liberty (my old Liberty). Even if some of them were minor recalls, it’s still time consuming. But yes, at least the company is taking care of the issues...not like when I was a kid and my parents were battling with the dealer and Ford to fix all the issues with their various vehicles.

Ours is a 2021...and with 6500 or so miles now, so far so good. Fingers crossed. And toes.

This reminds me though...I need washer fluid, lol

Reactions: page2171

·
Banned
1,925 Posts
Guess I’m lucky living within site of the Auburn Hills Tech Center. Our dealers around here have great customer service reputations. Majority of their customers are Chrysler employees and family. I have had no complaints in dealing with them the last 30 years. The only sketchy one got weeded out during the bankruptcy years ago.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts