Allpar Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15,058 Posts
The company was still absorbing AMC. AMC people had faith in Jeep. Chrysler people did not have faith in Jeep.

Dodge later received the Durango, based on the Dakota. The Durango was also a hit and could be sold alongside the Grand Cherokee without cannibalization.

Reactions: Shane Estabrooks

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Compass
724 Posts
Good ol badge engineering. Now I'm picturing a R/T Version with a 8L V10 out of a Ram 2500.
Talk about adding unnecessary weight: that iron lump weighs about as much as the Cummins 6BT does, in comparison to the all aluminum mill the Viper has.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Needed that “lump” for durability and towing!!!

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
The company was still absorbing AMC. AMC people had faith in Jeep. Chrysler people did not have faith in Jeep.

Dodge later received the Durango, based on the Dakota. The Durango was also a hit and could be sold alongside the Grand Cherokee without cannibalization.
Correct.
I left AMC in 1985 for Chrysler Engineering, one reason being the poor management that I witnessed.
Even Renaults influx of cash couldn’t save a dying company.
It was always fun when your boss told you to not cash your paycheck because the money wasn’t there yet.

·
Registered
15,058 Posts
Correct.
I left AMC in 1985 for Chrysler Engineering, one reason being the poor management that I witnessed.
It was always fun when your boss told you to not cash your paycheck because the money wasn’t there yet.
Those were tough days for you that most people would have trouble relating to

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
37,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Correct.
Can you say more (maybe via PM!) about the “poor management”? Most ex-AMC people tend to be enthusiastic about it - main exception being Evan B.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
The Renault Espace should have been imported.

The Premier should never have seen daylight.

Just a couple of examples of bone head decisions.

Reactions: World14
1 - 14 of 14 Posts