Allpar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Plymouth Makes It
8,299 Posts
Made a lot of noise about the lack of a spare tire in some maybe all now Chrysler products. Learned the hard way that when you thumb your nose at Murphy he teaches you a big time lesson.

Things I found out or remembered:

5 out of my 6 tire issues have had sidewall damage.

Service vehicle driver says he meets a lot of families that way.

The O2 sensor wire on the passenger side needs to run on the rear of the cross member under the motor and not the front where it gets cut more easily.

Should have listened to my own preaching, first time I wander far away from home Murphy pays a visit.

Murphy's Law.. Anything that can go wrong — will go wrong.

·
Plymouth Makes It
8,299 Posts
I purchased the car from dealer stock, first purchase in 11 years. Sales person did not go over the lack of spare when showing vehicle features. I believe the spare was a $150 option at time of purchase.

Base 2014 Challenger lists compact spare as standard.

·
Plymouth Makes It
8,299 Posts
Jerry Simcik said:
With the free road-side assistance you get, they feel the spares are just unnecessary weight. (And, when was the last time you checked the air pressure in yours anyway?)
My 2009 Challenger had no mention of road side assistance, my Neon with spare did, think it was 5 years.

I check tire pressure regularly and the tire pressure indicator time of the blowout said all systems were a go. The road side assistance service required by the Site of New Jersey toll road does not provide spare tires. It took over 6 hours to complete the 55 mile trip home.

If there is no spare then run flat tires should be standard.

·
Plymouth Makes It
8,299 Posts
I got a compact spare only, at my age I'm better off with help. Spare only is more useful than that waste of space compressor thingie in the trunk. Have a Harbor freight compressor in my garage. Saving for run flat tires.

RUN FLAT TIRES SHOULD BE OFFERED INSTEAD OF THE COMPRESSOR at time of purchase. All in all my blowout with damaged trim costs more than the tires.

Strike on for SM.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.