Allpar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
5,658 Posts
To the best of my recollection over the past 25 years w/most recent first which would have been 2006:

Two flats in my Stratus a couple of weeks after I got it. After I got out of work. Everything closed. Required a flatbed home.
Flat in my Spirit after sitting overnight. Put spare on and drove to get replacement as tire would not hold air.
Flat in my '82 Charger on Memorial Day weekend. Put spare on and drove home. Last time the car was driven.
Picked up a 6 inch spike in the sidewall in my Citation on Memorial Day weekend.
Flat in my Citation sliced open in the car wash. Put spare on and drove home.
Flat in my Citation hitting debris. Miles from help. Put spare on and drove until replacement could be obtained.

In 4 of these cases, a spare saved the day. In the case of the spike through the sidewall, we were hundreds of miles from home in rural PA and managed to find a tiny tire store that happened to be open and got us on our way. With the Stratus the tires held air upon inflation long enough to get to a tire store.

This does not count tires that slowly lost air and needed to be periodically reinflated due to air leaking around rim or what I may have forgotten.

·
Administrator
5,658 Posts
A friend of mine just bought a 2013 Malibu today. When asked if she got the Eco, she said "no I did not get an eco, the ecos have no spare tires in the trunk." That is a direct cut and paste of her response. My first thought was of this thread.

·
Administrator
5,658 Posts
There is no room for a spare. You get a can of fix-a-flat. This has prompted a lot of talk about the absence of a spare with a number of people saying they won't buy a car without at least a doughnut spare.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.