Allpar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
After a sidewall blowout of a 5,000 mile Hankook Ventus V4 and using my doughnut to go talk to my mom where we work about replacement. The tire had road hazard on it, at discount tire, 40 miles away on the highway. I ended up not having my car for a day, dad threw the blown tire in their Dart and we set off to Fort Wayne. Since then I've purchased a set of Stratus R/T chrome 17" (factory, real chrome) to go on my Sebring and bought 4 new Falken tires from Discount. I cut out the "jack mounting point" and got a trunk liner from a JS car and stuffed a full size 215/50r17 spare in the trunk! Now I'm ready for vacation season!

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Had 5 in the last year. I had a cotter pin in one tire, picked it up because maintnence doesnt know how to pick up after themselves at wrk, and The lip on the rim was corroded on the inside causing air to leak... Had that twice before I replaced those tires with some Hankooks... Bumped a curb and blew the sidewall with just 5,000 on the tire... Replace all the tires with Falkens, and I had a flat one morning... So that's 5 since April 2012...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.