Allpar Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I`m glad to here you guys expressing the same concerns we have down south. Here in Venezuela areas without wireless coverage are extremely common outside major cities. Road conditions are not better than those in Michigan in spring and you simply cannot find all tire sizes all over the country. Don`t get me started on the possibility of being assaulted, robbed or killed by the road side while waiting for a tow truck... All of them very good reasons to NEVER give up on Ful Size spares. Nevertheless that is not allways an option on our products. My Caliber has a space saver. I've had to use it a couple of times, for only short drives, thanks God, but each time I had not very kind thoughts for those that made it impossible for me to replace that doughnut by a proper spare... I like to think some of you guys have a say on what`s coming. PLEASE Keep the Full Size spare an option for any/all vehicles that might end up in emerging markets! The space savers might be a great gimmick to reduce weight and optimize space when, as one of you put it " you have wireless coverage and a Starbucks close to where your tire broke" But it is a pain in other circumstances, even more a risk and a liability. Oh and about replacing it... Simply can`t do. Those temporary tires are not manufactured locally and the Looney Tunes government we have won`t allow for importation either... (The current -fairly old- local Tire standards do not include Temporary tires, thus it is hard to prove we comply with them in order to import the tires...)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.